Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Driver door window regulator

Poe
12-05-2007, 06:41 AM
In reference to this thread
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=714595&highlight=regulator

One of these clips broke on my driver door yesterday. So, these clips can be replaced? I didn't know what the crunching sound was when it broke, so I had a window guy out to check it out. He pulled the glass and found the problem, pulling the entire regulator in the process. How easy is it to replace the clip and put the regulator back in? Also, where can I find service bulletins for the Rendezvous?

jrozanc
12-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Adding the new clip is a 5 minute fix. What took me the longest is taking off the door panel and removing the regulator assembly. If your going to do one clip you might as well do the other. The door is already apart and I bet you the second clip is on the verge of failure.

It is almost impossible not to install the clip incorrectly. On the regulator wire there is a alumiunum hex nut that is attached to the cable. The regulator clip snaps around that nut. That clip/nut match is what holds your timing for raising the window.

As for a manual, I never found a hayes/chilton ($20) manual that you would pick up at Autozone. I just ended up going to the Library and checking out the full blown mechanics version that usually cost a couple hundred dollars

Add your comment to this topic!