Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question about premium sound on ford expedition

92-silverado7.4
12-04-2007, 12:07 AM
I just bought a ford expedition and It came with a stock premium sound made by some company called Mach and it actually sounds pretty good to be stock.....only problem is that the cd changer doesn't work, so I was wondering if there was a way to add another stereo, while keeping the factory Mach audio system....thanx in advance guys

PaulD
12-04-2007, 06:21 PM
mach is just the name of ford's premium stereo gear. It can be difficult at best to integrate OEM and aftermarket stuff together.

92-silverado7.4
12-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I tought it would be hard too,but I went to a little shop at the flea market and they sold me the 70-5517 premium sound harness from metra and the installation kit too, I also got the alpine CDA-7893 ( it was a high end model a couple of years ago), well it all together was $120 and I think it was an awesome deal ......it sounds awesome to be stock

alphalanos
12-07-2007, 01:21 PM
If you're happy with it then dont change it. Otherwise if you want to change it you probably will have to replace all of it, new amp(s), speakers etc.

92-silverado7.4
12-07-2007, 06:10 PM
yeah im gonna keep it like I have it now for a good while, lol It's not like I could afford a system anyways...I spent all my savings on this truck

augiegator
01-12-2009, 07:24 AM
I've got a similar question: I have a 2005 Expedition and I'd like to replace the head unit with one that has HD radio, an external auxiliary input, and possibly an integrated satellite radio tuner as well (although I could use the external input for that). What are the odds that the factory CD changer can still be used with an aftermarket head unit?

PaulD
01-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't think HD radio will be around more than a few more years (my guess). It will be very difficult to integrate a factory CD changer with an aftermarket headunit unless you are an experienced EE or electonics tech AND have access to the schematics.

Add your comment to this topic!