Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 trailblazer fuel trouble

tiredofcars
12-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I was on a post about fuel system trouble but cant find my way back! My TB turns over, but won't start. Shot starter fluid up intake and it tried to start. Are there fuses or relays that I can't seem to find? I would like to check these first before going after the fuel pump.

maxwedge
12-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Welcome to AF. Do you hear the pump run for the initial 3 seconds key on?

tiredofcars
12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
No, but now it won't even crank. tried jumping and charger but...nothing.

maxwedge
12-04-2007, 10:01 AM
You need to start from scratch here, how about lites, horn, gages? All the cables tite and clean, what is the battery capacity?

tiredofcars
12-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Maxwedge, First off thankyou for your help. The no start was a loose connection at the battery. Backto the fuel problem, this all started when I hit a deep snow drift on an off ramp, (Grand Rapids,Michigan). The TB started hesitating and would clear up. Check engine light. then none. It wouldn't start one morning and I let it sit for a few minutes and a door slam.... It started right up and ran fine. Went out to start it again the other morning and nothing. I don't hear the fuel pump but I never have. Is there a web site that might show me a wiring and fuel system diagram for free? I get the feeling that it's headed for the mechanic. Used to work on all of my vehicles but now I don"t know what I'm looking at!

maxwedge
12-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Unless you find another issue say in the area of the sno bank contact say underneath near some harnesses going to the tank, I would stop here and get it to a tech, give him/her the whole backround on this.

tiredofcars
12-05-2007, 09:33 PM
It Got picked up on a flat bed today, Last night I couldn't even get it out of park. Thankyou for your help. I will post the resolution to the problem when I get the car back:banghead:

tiredofcars
12-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Picked the TB up tonite and $446.67 later, (not bad), it was the ignition switch.I mean not bad considering what I thought it would be. Again, I thankyou for your time and help.

Add your comment to this topic!