Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 blazer cowl

ugotme
12-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Hello all, I have a 97 blazer and was gonna change out the wiper motor due to the dreaded :shakehead circut board solder failure and considering the age but what the hey I just soldered it back :iceslolan.

Question, while removing the cowl cover you need to remove the 4 plastic screws which are held in by the little plastic spreaders, during removal you unscrew the screw and then pry up on it to remove it well a couple ripped apart are these plastic screws and the spreader a dealer item only or can you get them at an auto supply store, anyone know?

mike2004tct
12-03-2007, 06:35 AM
Hello all, I have a 97 blazer and was gonna change out the wiper motor due to the dreaded :shakehead circut board solder failure and considering the age but what the hey I just soldered it back :iceslolan.

Question, while removing the cowl cover you need to remove the 4 plastic screws which are held in by the little plastic spreaders, during removal you unscrew the screw and then pry up on it to remove it well a couple ripped apart are these plastic screws and the spreader a dealer item only or can you get them at an auto supply store, anyone know?

Try a place like "Ace Hardware".

I've had pretty good luck there, getting plastic fasteners for fender liners, door panels, etc.

ugotme
12-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Thank You for the reply, and just for the heck of it before I started my mad search Ace, Home Depot etc...
I went today to my local Chevrolet dealer and they had (1) one pack of ten left, said it was an old item and no longer in the system as well as a stock item.
Just incase anyone else is looking now or in the future the part # is:
15672149 RETAIN-PU 16.25 B @ .83 cents each.

Add your comment to this topic!