Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 jimmy. Many problems

solink
12-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I`ve only had my jimmy for a couple months, and love driving it when it works, but I`m having a world of troubles right now. I came on here and saw the posts about the EGR after I was having symptoms that matched what was being said here. I pulled it off and cleaned it thoroughly, as well as spraying carb cleaner into the intake. After that it ran great for about 1/2 a day, then I was back to the same problem. Then it started knocking, and it started getting harder to start. Soon after that it stalled on me in the middle of the road, and the starter refuses to even crank the engine. I just changed the starter, and fuel pump this summer as well as the fuel filter, pcv, air filter, cap and rotor, spark plugs, wires, and welding the exhaust back together after it fell off the truck when the muffler strap rusted through. I don't want to get rid of it, but if there is major engine problem I fear I have no choice. Please help.

DelCoch
12-02-2007, 03:20 AM
May I suggest taking all the sparkplugs out and see if the starter will turn the engine over with the sparkplugs out. If not, then remove the starter and see if it will run off the car. Post back what you find and we can help you further.

Add your comment to this topic!