Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hellllllp Plllleeeeaaseeeee

Eyecue626
12-01-2007, 04:57 AM
hey, i'm new to this forum, and can i haz help???

i cant seem to find a how to on changing a starter for a 2000 honda accord.......... is there an existing thread??? does anyone know a website????

Eyecue626
12-02-2007, 03:11 AM
bump,

anyone know how???? not having a car ftmfl:banghead:

Eyecue626
12-02-2007, 03:12 AM
i already have the starter

ThiRteeN
12-02-2007, 09:22 AM
On your tranny, u should see a thing that looks like the starter that u bought. that would be the starter. disconnect the battery and take all the wires off of the old one. then there will be two bolts, i think 10 mm, take them out. pull the starter out, put the new one in, and do the reverse of removal. make sure u put the starter in the right way.

00accord44
12-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Previous thread (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=747538&highlight=replace+starter)

Eyecue626
12-02-2007, 08:02 PM
thanks, i finished doing it today..... fairly easy except for the back bolt....... tough to get too..... i was able to finish under an hour........

for the 2000 accord LX. 2.3 liter
you need to remove the battery (including housing), intake, and just remove the distributor cap for access.....
if you can take off the rubber hose that runs right on top of the starter you should....... its a pain in the ass if it stays on... i had to leave it on due to the fact that it seemed to be glued on, and didnt want to risk ripping it if i tugged on it.

after that its easy, just losing bolts, remove.....
take metal piece attached to the end of the old starter that also holds rubber hose in place (when you see it itll make sense) and attach it to new starter before installing....

like i said, pretty easy but make sure you have some sort of wrench that can get in to the back bolt, thats what took the longest........:popcorn:

Add your comment to this topic!