Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Valet Start

dgsm24
11-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Hey guys havent talked to you in a while, since then i have replaced my motor with a brand new auto zone 4.3( after a mechanic sold me 2 bad used ones) i have put 31-10:50 all around, body lift somes soon, but i noticed when i open my hood theres a little sticker that says this vehicle is equiped with valet start...i am brain dead when it comes to finding this stuff any step by steps ideas on what to do? i read earliar someone had a similiar problem but i have no idea what the abbreviations stand for and so on...help me out glad to be back.....i am also buying new rear shocks today lemme know what you think!
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=MON&MfrPartNumber=MA759

by the way it is a 1996 Gmc Jimmy thanks yall

old_master
11-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Valet switch: check the owners manual for the remote starter, or check the manufacturers web site for one to download.

Don't bother with air shocks...total waste of time and money. Air shocks obviously raise and lower the rear of the vehicle. When this happens there is a tremendous shift in body weight which directly affects wheel alignment settings. Factory installed air suspension systems are designed to keep the vehicle level. Add on air shocks don't. If you're willing to check front and rear ride height constantly, (like the factory systems) and adjust the air shocks accordingly, air shocks are fine. The purpose of shocks is to dampen the action of the spring, not to adjust ride height, that's the springs job. Get some good quality shocks and be done with it.

ponchonutty
12-01-2007, 09:52 PM
If it's got a remote start, it'll be located under the driver side of the dash.

Add your comment to this topic!