Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Blazer hard to start

GNRAxlRose88
11-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey all

I have a '94 S-10 Blazer with the vortec 4.3 litre V6. The motor has under 50,000 miles on it as it was replaced by the last owner who passed away.

I let the Blazer sit for awhile because i didn't need it at the time. When i went to start it, it didn't want to start, as i expected. I sprayed the air intake with starter fluid and it fired off...but now every time it sits, even overnight, i have to spray it to start it.

When it gets to operating temp. and i shut it off, it fires up like it was new.

What could be causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

old_master
11-28-2007, 07:20 PM
....I sprayed the air intake with starter fluid and it fired off...

There's your clue, low fuel pressure. Fuel pressure must be a minimum of 60psi, cold engine, pump running, engine off. After the pump shuts off, pressure must remain above 55 psi for 3 to 5 minutes.

GNRAxlRose88
11-29-2007, 03:35 PM
so what could cause this? could it be a clog in the filter or is the pump going out? or...?

and for being a V6 it goes thru as much, if not more, fuel than my fullsize bronco with a 5.0

old_master
11-29-2007, 06:55 PM
We don't know what the problem is yet, so it's impossible to determine what caused the problem ;) The first step is to check fuel pressure and leakdown. If you need the entire procedure, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Add your comment to this topic!