Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Repair Manual

linduh7
09-24-2001, 03:58 PM
:confused: Can anyone tell me where I can find a repair manual, like a haynes or Chilton manual for my 95 G-20. I want to work on it myself but I can't seem to find a book on it. Thanks, Linda:flash:

P10DET
09-24-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by linduh7
:confused: Can anyone tell me where I can find a repair manual, like a haynes or Chilton manual for my 95 G-20. I want to work on it myself but I can't seem to find a book on it. Thanks, Linda:flash:

Hi Linda. I have no idea if Chilton's has a manual for the G20, but my experience has always been that Chilton's is useless.

I think there is a Haynes manual available.

I always use the factory service manual (FSM). It doesn't hold your hands as much, but it has so much more excellent info that it's worth it. Besides, if you read it carefully and look at the diagrams closely, you can tell how things come apart. Even better, it shows how to disconnect electrical connectors and undo interior fasteners.

T4 Primera
09-25-2001, 01:09 AM
There is a Haynes manual which covers UK Primera 1990 - 1999. Most of it will be similar for the G20 but some of the "optionals" will be different - so you'd need to exercise a little care/discretion, especially when it comes to wiring. If you're just looking to do your own service stuff and some mechanical repairs it'll be quite sufficient. It's book number 1851. Most parts suppliers should be able to source one for you or you can internet it from here http://www.haynes.co.uk

linduh7
09-25-2001, 02:41 PM
:rolleyes: The factory service manual sounds like a better bet for me. Would you know where I could obtain one? Thanks :flash: Linda

P10DET
09-26-2001, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by linduh7
:rolleyes: The factory service manual sounds like a better bet for me. Would you know where I could obtain one? Thanks :flash: Linda

You may be able to find a slightly used one on eBay and save about 75% (these things aren't cheap).

Next you could try your dealer.

Or, you could order one directly from the publisher:For the Factory Service Manual:

The following is from the SE-R Mailing List archives.

Dyment Distribution 800-247-5321
PHONE THEM TO CONFIRM THIS FIRST ---
I PHONED BUT I DON'T GUARANTEE NO TYPOS ETC !

Order by phone using credit card or mail check to:
Nissan
c/o Dyment Distribution
20770 Westwood
Strongsville, OH 44136
They say to address envelope to and make the check or money order to Nissan Motor Corp. (Goes straight into their bank!)
FWIW, the PARTS counter of your local nissan dealer should also be able to provide this info.

Good luck.

linduh7
09-26-2001, 03:31 PM
:flash: Thanks for the info! I will try that asap! :flash:

Add your comment to this topic!