Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Remove steel studs from snow tires?

DjDio
11-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I bought a car a few months back that came with 4 brand new studded snow tires in the trunk for winter. Can i remove the steel studs somehow? They are noisy and i dont really need the studs. The tires are brand new and i would like to get to use them for the winter.

72chevelleOhio
02-01-2008, 03:42 AM
I bought a car a few months back that came with 4 brand new studded snow tires in the trunk for winter. Can i remove the steel studs somehow? They are noisy and i dont really need the studs. The tires are brand new and i would like to get to use them for the winter. if by chance you still looking for an answer, all the studs I have seen just screw into the tire. so you should be able to unscrew them, every single one! or ..there was a guy back when I was in high school that had studs in tires he bought. he put them on, took the truck to a bridge nearby. the bridge had steel grate as a floor. he did a burn out till the sparks stopped, rotated the tires and done it again. :screwy: I think I would just pay the neighbor kids to take them out, any kind of bribe goes a long way. :lol:

Add your comment to this topic!