Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Rodeo thermostat

willy22
11-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Is there anything special I should know about replacing the thermostat in a 2001 Rodeo V-4? My daughter owns one and her heat is not working.

Thanks in advance!

Will

Ramblin Fever
11-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Make CERTAIN to use an OEM Isuzu replacement ONLY! VERY important!

srpope80
11-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Maybe I'm a little confused..... If the heat is not working, wouldn't that be caused by the heater valve and not the thermostat? Is the truck overheating? If not, I would look elsewhere besides the 'stats....

willy22
11-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Make CERTAIN to use an OEM Isuzu replacement ONLY! VERY important!

Thanks. Is the T-Stat located in the same place as on most vehicles? My daughter lives out of town and I need to know what I have to take to replace it.

Thanks again,
Will

2000izusu
11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
if you have the 3.2 you have to take the intake manifold off to get to it. if you have a 2.6 i don't know where it is? mike

Ramblin Fever
11-27-2007, 11:25 PM
My '97 3.2L V6 engine is different then yours; mine's right out and up front, on your's you will have to take of the manifold.

A bad thermostat *could* cause heating/cooling issues; so can low antifreeze level, air in the system, etc.

trooperbc
11-29-2007, 02:09 AM
Maybe I'm a little confused..... If the heat is not working, wouldn't that be caused by the heater valve and not the thermostat? Is the truck overheating? If not, I would look elsewhere besides the 'stats.... no heater valve; coolant is always flowing thru the heater core. heat happens when the flaps lift off the heater core so the air circulating gets heated and directed into the cab.

no heat could mean
those flaps aren't operating properly.
or the coolant system circulation is disrupted (hindered)
or the coolant system isn't getting up to temp (stuck open thermostat)

have to do some checking and give more info to narrow it down.

//bc

Add your comment to this topic!