Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

355 Stroker questions

emmittman
11-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Ok guys first post here so lets see how it goes. Just recently purchased a '67 Camaro with a 355 stroker motor with 12:1 comp. Basically i just want to understand the term "stroker" and I know 12:1 is way to much comp to hold any kind of Forced Induction but what about nitrous? ALso would a simple piston swap for something with a substantially lower Comp ratio, could it hold boost then? Any other things I can do to get more power out of it? IT seems to have a the whole nine yards. Also I have heard of Weiland but could someone tell me who Weiand is>? That is the stamp on the intake manifold. Basically, the car is awesome but i want more power and would like to go down the F.I. road. anything i can do with this motor to make it worthy or would i be better off selling it and starting fresh. PLEASE, leave as much detail as you can. THANKS TO EVERYONE. hopefully my experience here will be as good as all the times I have used Honda-tech.com for my Rice Burner passion! If i didnt explain anything right lemme know and i will do what i can to fix. I WANT A BLOWER!!!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!