Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

front end vibration

lambertclan2006
11-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I have an 03 Venture 3.8 V6. I am getting a strong vibration from the front passenger tire when turning right, but only when accelerating. I'm lost! CV joint maybe? Any thoughts?

Thanks

:banghead:

bigcoconut
11-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Sounds like the CV joint. Odd thoung since yours isn't that old yet to be having this problem.

pastaben
11-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Could be the wheel bearing/hub, too. I've changed many things trying to get rid of frontend vibration...for me, the bearing is the one that really smoothed out the ride. The others (tie rod end, sway bar links, struts) reduced somewhat the vibration, which leads me to believe that a number of these components go bad. But specifically for the vibration, the wheel bearing did it for me.

cjstew4
11-28-2007, 11:57 AM
I have an 03 Venture 3.8 V6. I am getting a strong vibration from the front passenger tire when turning right, but only when accelerating. I'm lost! CV joint maybe? Any thoughts?

Thanks

My 97 had the vibration (similar to warped rotors) only at slow speeds/initial acceleration. Take it to Pep Boys and for only $10 they can tell you whether it is the hub assy/wheel bearing or the brakes at least. Very cheap for diagnosis. You can check yourself if you are mechanically inclined and have a floor jack. Basically, once the front wheels are off the ground, there s/b no to just a tad a play if you grab and rock each tire in the 12 o'clock to 6 and back position. Mine had a lot of play, but only after 150k miles. Pep Boys and most shops want $100 per side to R&R the wheel bearing/hub assy which sells for $140 for aftermarket brand. Dealer wants $350/side for OEM plus labor. I did both sides and found a shop that only charged $45 /side. Not too hard to do yourself which I will do next time. Tell us what yours turned out to be.

lambertclan2006
11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks fot the info. I dont think it is a hub. The drivers side hub was bad for a couple of months before I got the $ to replace it and it wasnt doing what the passenger side is. Thats why my initial thought was the cv joint. Thanks again.

Add your comment to this topic!