Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

G35 sloer that 350Z

lowridder11
12-05-2002, 03:56 PM
The 280hp G35 is slower than 350Z which is 287hp. thay both have all the same stuff to and yet the G35 is more expensive!!!!. It's funny how that works:greenchai

nas4a
12-06-2002, 01:37 PM
What's your point? A 2003 SVT Ford Mustang Cobra smokes a BMW M3, and an M3 costs like $20,000 more...so? If speed were linear to price, we'd all be driving small engine luxury cars.

The G35 Coupe has a back seat, standard Xenon headlights, and a few other options standard with the 350Z...they're both great cars, and very similar in price when equipped equally.

lowridder11
12-06-2002, 05:33 PM
it has back seat. Sweeeet:smoker2:

Ey3 c u p
12-06-2002, 06:50 PM
are all engine parts innerchangable? When I look for parts for my g35 coupe can I just ask for 350z parts? Also what gives the 350z 7more hp? Can I just get a 350z ecu and put it in the g35coupe?

kris
12-07-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Ey3 c u p
are all engine parts innerchangable? When I look for parts for my g35 coupe can I just ask for 350z parts? Also what gives the 350z 7more hp? Can I just get a 350z ecu and put it in the g35coupe?

I would think it has more to do with the way the exhaust is routed.

Seth4Man
12-09-2002, 12:00 AM
First, learn how to spell. Second, of course the G35 is slower. While not light, the Z weighs much less than the Infiniti counterparts. Further, the G35s have only 260hp (sedan) and 280hp (coupe) while the Z has 287hp. More weight + Less power very rarely equals a faster car. If this suprised you, please go back to the second grade.

lowridder11
12-09-2002, 03:34 PM
Dude you don't have to be so messed up about it:flipa: I type fast. so what is i miss spelled sloer(slower)! Who really cares except U! And we are talkin' about the coupe here not the sedan. The sedan is ugly and slow. the rear is to short on the sedan. Of course i know the G35 is heavy, it's a luxury car for god sakes, the Z is a sports car. Another reason the G35 is heavy is because it has 4 seats while the Z has 2. They don't teach cars in the secon grade and KISS MY ASS!:finger:
:biggrin2:

nas4a
12-13-2002, 10:23 AM
I'm not touching the spelling issue...that's been beat to death on the net. Some type in keyboard ebonics, some type fast and don't correct, and some type in correct spelling/grammar...to each his own.

But...The primary difference in HP between the G35C and the Z is, as someone stated, the exhaust. The Z is shorter, thus has a slightly less restrictive exhaust. That being said, most of the major car magazines have said that the G35C handles better than the Z. I personally think the G35C looks way better than the Z, but love the look of both cars.

I just got my G35C last Saturday. Driving it has been limited due to the snow/ice we've gotten her in VA in the last week, but I can tell you that the G35C has all sorts of little bells and whistles that make it worth the extra $$ to me. Heated seats, dual-zone climate controls, a wonderful transmission, beautiful pain and wheels, and a useable back seat make this a great car. I'm recommending that NOBODY buy it...I don't want to see tons of G35's on the road with mine...:silly2:

lowridder11
12-13-2002, 02:58 PM
Congradulations dude! Enjoy. I know how you feel about the ice/snow I live in CT. It is very icy out here. It's supposed to snaow more on Sunday. I'm waiting till' after winter to buy a Z4

daddy Z
12-14-2002, 02:39 PM
I had my G35 coup for 3 full days before I traded it for a Track model Z ....... they are both great rides. I wish I could have kept them both but wanted to autox and the track was calling my name.

ps don't take your coup with you to look at a Z ....... the nissan dealers love them and will force you to trade straight up for a Z :devil:

lowridder11
12-14-2002, 07:00 PM
I know my mom almost lost her ford explorer to a nissan stanza at a dealer.

nas4a
12-16-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by daddy Z
ps don't take your coup with you to look at a Z ....... the nissan dealers love them and will force you to trade straight up for a Z :devil:

He He...my girlfriend would certainly approve of such a trade, but I need a back seat once in a while. The 350Z is a sweet car, but it's a little too impractical for me. I need some form of a trunk and atleast the ability to haul more than one other person on a rare occasion. Can you tell much of a difference between the 2 cars?

daddy Z
12-16-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by nas4a
Can you tell much of a difference between the 2 cars?

to tell the truth I like the coup better. The Z is a true sport car with all the disadvantages of a sport car. The G is class act that passes as a sport car :smoker2:

nas4a
12-17-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by daddy Z

to tell the truth I like the coup better. The Z is a true sport car with all the disadvantages of a sport car. The G is class act that passes as a sport car :smoker2:

Wow...from someone who's owned both, and now owns a Z, that's quite a compliment. Although I suppose it's a lot like saying, would you rather have $100,000 in cash or $100,000 in gold...two great options in different forms. Either way, it's still better than most cars out there. Enjoy the ride!

daddy Z
12-18-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by lowridder11
thay both have all the same stuff to and yet the G35 is more expensive!!!!.

So far it seems just the opposite in my purchases ...... the G35 gives more for the money.

Since the G35 is the american version of Nissan of Japans Skyline V35 we should be able to use anything they use ....... try this site for some items that are already available.
http://www.japanparts.com/NissanParts/SkylineV35/Index.htm

bk2kmax
01-09-2003, 09:30 PM
I'm not touching the spelling issue...that's been beat to death on the net. Some type in keyboard ebonics, some type fast and don't correct, and some type in correct spelling/grammar...to each his own.

But...The primary difference in HP between the G35C and the Z is, as someone stated, the exhaust. The Z is shorter, thus has a slightly less restrictive exhaust. That being said, most of the major car magazines have said that the G35C handles better than the Z. I personally think the G35C looks way better than the Z, but love the look of both cars.

I just got my G35C last Saturday. Driving it has been limited due to the snow/ice we've gotten her in VA in the last week, but I can tell you that the G35C has all sorts of little bells and whistles that make it worth the extra $$ to me. Heated seats, dual-zone climate controls, a wonderful transmission, beautiful pain and wheels, and a useable back seat make this a great car. I'm recommending that NOBODY buy it...I don't want to see tons of G35's on the road with mine...:silly2:

Congrats, BTW what color did you get? Despite the haterz on this forum of the G35 Sedan styling I think it looks good without being overdone and copycatting other cars styles. Also the G is way less than you'd pay for a BM in the same class and has the power to do the job as well if not better.

nas4a
01-10-2003, 11:46 AM
I got Diamond Graphite...Looks just like Brilliant Silver in bright light, but at night, has a graphite dark grey look, with light blueish highlights. You'd have to see it. It's really cool.

BTW, I've finished break-in, and I've started to open he up...anything above 4000 RPM is a rush. The exhaust screams, and you just get up and go.

bk2kmax
01-10-2003, 09:57 PM
I got Diamond Graphite...Looks just like Brilliant Silver in bright light, but at night, has a graphite dark grey look, with light blueish highlights. You'd have to see it. It's really cool.

BTW, I've finished break-in, and I've started to open he up...anything above 4000 RPM is a rush. The exhaust screams, and you just get up and go.

Now I'm really jealous, but happy for you, haha, BTW you got any pics you can attach to your reply?

I heard the sound of the G, it sounds awesome and it seems the more you break in the VQ engine the better it gets. I'm happy for you bro, good look with the car, I hope to follow in your steps and ride out in a Convertible TT G Coupe (when they make one, that is).< Make mine black.:licker:

lowridder11
01-11-2003, 11:39 AM
I wonder if they will come out with a convertible G35

bk2kmax
01-11-2003, 09:11 PM
I wonder if they will come out with a convertible G35

Me too, just wishing lusting on my part, I guess.

lowridder11
01-11-2003, 11:17 PM
They are coming out with a 350Z conv. in 04'-05'

bk2kmax
01-13-2003, 07:07 PM
They are coming out with a 350Z conv. in 04'-05'

Wow, can't wait, that's gonna be tight. What's your source for this info?

lowridder11
01-13-2003, 07:23 PM
friens dad works for nissan/Automobile Magazine.

bk2kmax
01-13-2003, 08:49 PM
friens dad works for nissan/Automobile Magazine.

Cool, I guess I'am gonna have to sell my kids:

Black G35 Convertible, preferrably with Twin Turbos, yummm delish.

Add your comment to this topic!