Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need some advice

aww1
11-25-2007, 02:33 PM
ok so i bought a pioneer head unit and speakers at besr buy on black friday for 100 bucks. turns out the speakers are absolute shit i mean they even have paper cones. im not going to bother to return it because im keeping the HU and these will do over stock for a few weeks. so basically i was wondering if you guys can recommend some DIRT CHEAP but ok for just good sound nothing like what you guys want im sure. but anyway i need 6.5 s and 4x6s.

aww1
11-25-2007, 02:44 PM
also do not get anything installed a t best buy they quoted me at around $140! just for installation. i called a local car audio/ accessory store and they'll do it for 60 with the dash kit wiring harness and radio adapter included. the products would run about 15 dollars if i were to buy them my self according to best buy they cost 20-30 dollars eatch

sickcallawayc12
11-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Well, a lot of members here install their own gear as it is quite easy to do.

Just about any speaker will sound all right (at the very least) if it is amped so that is what I would do. And I don't mean the deck amp.

PaulD
11-25-2007, 04:03 PM
some of the best speakers out there are made of pressed paper.

aww1
11-25-2007, 04:15 PM
oh im nto saying tis hard to install. i installed my own stereo in my last car (s10) but from the looks of it im gonna have to rip most of the dash off of my buick and i dotn want to ahve to deal with that. im installing my speakers myself. im also going to install my amp and subs. its just that i dont want to have the trouble ive seen with a stereo where you have to remove the dash. i guess ill stick with these for a while and see how it goes. i was jsut ponting out that best buy rapes you on install parts fees.

Add your comment to this topic!