Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

87 Shelby Z Power Loss Light?

scfd323
11-24-2007, 02:54 PM
I have an 87 Shelby Z t11 and am having troubles with it falling on it's face upon hard accelleration, turbo over 8 lbs of boost. I have checked the codes by turning the key on and off and it runs no codes. There is a power loss light that comes on from time to time and I can find no info on what this means. :banghead: Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

AWP9521
11-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Your probably over-boosting and it's shutting down on you once it hits 13 psi, look for a disconnected wastegate actuator rod or missing vacum line to the wastegate actuator. Also make sure the vacuum hoses to the solenoids on the fender are connected correctly.

You can check for fault codes by turning the ignition key (from the off position) on-off-on-off-on (leaving it on) and watching the check engine light, once it goes out it will flash, count the flashes, the number of "on" flashes of the light before a pause, this is the first digit of a fault code, then the light will flash another digit and pause giving you the second digit of the code (such as 3 for the first set of flashes and 4 for the next set of flashes, fault code is 34), then it will flash the first digit of the next code and so on, the last code will always be "5-5" or 55 which means "end of message". If you think you missed a code, shut off the key, wait about a minute and repeat the process again.

jeffcarr
07-15-2009, 09:30 PM
check wiring harness wear all the fusible links are.I had a burnt wire on one side of a link.It was the main feed to fuse box all i did was cut the bad section of wire out and used a napa wireconnecter for Ouick repair but make sure inlink replaced so its safe you can get them at napa now you should have no power loss light on good luck jeffcarr:icon16:

87 Shelby Z
01-30-2010, 09:45 PM
I noticed the power loss light on while I was checking ignition timing with the coolant temp sensor connector disconnected, but it went off later after the sensor connector was back in place. Could be your connector is loose enough to partially disconnect over bumps in the road.

Add your comment to this topic!