Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Targa Top.....

Alston3ptSwish
11-23-2007, 05:36 AM
The roof leaks on the drivers side when it rains. Is there an easy fix to get this to stop or am I just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it. I know alot of del sol roofs leak.

wlana
11-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Last year I took apart my roof and used an an all-weather silicone caulk( wish I could remember the exact kind -I just picked it up from Home Depot -get something that is rated for marine or outside) which I ran a new bead between the the rubber seals and the roof. It was important to clean the roof insides before you apply the new caulking sealant.

I think I got this tip from the team del sol site, so I can't take responsibility for coming up with the idea.

Anyway, the new caulking fixed the roof and any leaks I had, and it wasn't that complicated to take the roof apart. just a screw driver( philips head) and a socket wrench ( I think 10 mm).

Hope this helps.

ifly87
12-25-2007, 03:22 PM
you're local honda dealer also should have some silicone grease that you can put on those seals, sometimes that helps.

i have sol 13
10-12-2008, 11:51 PM
The roof leaks on the drivers side when it rains. Is there an easy fix to get this to stop or am I just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it. I know alot of del sol roofs leak. i was told that this was a recall from honda and that they would fix it 4 free. just call ur local honda dealer and ask them. i have a 95 so i dont have this problem.(not sure if it was a recall,this is what i heard)

45slade
11-23-2008, 03:32 PM
There wasn't a recall, but there was a redesign of the seals. You have to replace the seals on the left and right side of the top, along with the single piece seal that wraps the windshield. Honda did a redesign in '94 to fix the issue. The seals will run about $276 from Manchester.
http://www.manchestermotorsports.com/index.cfm

Part numbers:
72320-SR2-043 front
85141-SR2-033
85191-SR2-033

Add your comment to this topic!