Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how to hook up amp

roodjames
11-22-2007, 02:59 PM
im installing a new stereo and four channel amp i have rca out put jacks on the stereo and im using a harness kit where do i hook the speaker out puts of the amp my girlfriend cleaned out the car and threw out the instructions where do the speaker wires go that come out of the harness adapter and the wires that come out of the deck Do i rip the panels off the doors and hook the speaker wires off the amp direct or to wires at the harness

PaulD
11-22-2007, 04:10 PM
the RCA from the stereo goes into the RCA jacks on the amp. The amp power wire is run to the battery, the gnd wire is connected to a bolt one the chassis. you also have to run an auto turn-on wire from thestereo to the amp.

PaulD
11-22-2007, 04:11 PM
the RCA from the stereo goes into the RCA jacks on the amp. The amp power wire is run to the battery, the gnd wire is connected to a bolt one the chassis. you also have to run an auto turn-on wire from thestereo to the amp. The speaker output of the amp wil be wired to the speakers.

roodjames
11-24-2007, 04:43 PM
where do the output wires from the amp go do they go directly to speakers or hook into wire harness kit

PaulD
11-24-2007, 06:24 PM
directly to the speakers ....... the harness is for connecting up the CD player. The harness can also be used in conjunction with the factory wiring to use the CD players internal amp to power the mid/tweets in the stock location.

Add your comment to this topic!