Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where are my spark plugs?

myinhousebigdog
11-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Hello,

I have a 2005 GMC Safari AWD Van. Would someone please tell me where the spark plugs are on this vehicle. And please tell me what level of of mechanic I have to be to loctae these plugs?
Please tell me if you know of any online video showing the steps to locate and change these plugs. Or any website that offers an illustration for this.
Thanks much!!

Tom from Pa.

UncleBob
11-21-2007, 02:04 PM
thats the 4.3L V6, plugs aren't terribly fun to do on those, and require a bit of unusual tools and having a rack to lift the van helps a lot also

As for their location, if you pull the doghouse, the distributor is on the back side of the motor, follow the wires. They terminate at the plugs

myinhousebigdog
11-22-2007, 07:03 PM
thats the 4.3L V6, plugs aren't terribly fun to do on those, and require a bit of unusual tools and having a rack to lift the van helps a lot also

As for their location, if you pull the doghouse, the distributor is on the back side of the motor, follow the wires. They terminate at the plugs

Thank You "uncle bob" for the info. Sounds like a big job!

Tom B
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

2.2 Straight six
11-26-2007, 04:43 PM
some of the 4.3-litres need a special socket to get to the plug (no. 3?) round by the steering column, because there's very limited space and sometimes you can't get a socket in there.

Add your comment to this topic!