Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Iac

blu3kgt
11-19-2007, 06:23 PM
ok well my cel came on and it's shooting code p505 which means there is a malfunction in the idle control system... so how am i able to determine if the IAC motor has gone bad itself because my car doesn't idle all crazy like i have read in previous situations, but what my car does do is when i cold start, it will rev to like 2000 rpms and then slowly come down to regular idle....but what i have come to realize is that if my car will be idleing for example at 800 rpms, if i turn the car off and start it, it will give me a different idle reading each time i turn the car on and off, .... so is it the IAC motor?? i have read the faqs but i just want an opinion

liquidPunk
11-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Hmm, thats a tough one, usually the IAc makes the idle very eraticly, Id almost say wait it out a little and see if another symptom arises. maybye clear the codes and see if it pops again.

mistermoonpie
11-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Did your CEL come on because you gutted your precats? If so, you sure made quick work of them! If not, disregard this reply

sLADe781
11-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Pull it and test it: http://www.stealth316.com/2-isc-iac.htm

blu3kgt
11-20-2007, 01:13 PM
ok well i tested it and on the link it says for the original IAC the ohms reading should be between 28-33 ohms and for the newer models it should read 40ohms.... and the readings i got were 37ohms from all the terminals and mine is the original, which means its abnormal.... so now my question is, what does that mean??? does it mean i need to clean my IAC or does that mean the motor is bad and needs to be replaced??

Twizted_3KGT
11-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Those specifications for the IAC have been proven to be not accurate. When mine was bad, everything tested perectly within spec., replaced it and problem was solved. You could try taking it apart and spraying it down with electronics cleaner, sometimes helps. If it doesn't, find a good working one and swap it in. If it doesn't solve the problem, you can always just sell it to someone else who needs it.

Add your comment to this topic!