Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AC noisy?

jsdailey
11-16-2007, 05:54 PM
The AC on my wife's 04 Trailblazer was taking about 1-2 minutes to get cold so we took it to a local shop for inspection. They said there was a block in our system, cleared the blcok, installed a new pressure valve and all seemed well. However, now the air conditioner makes a noise when you first start it that sounds like water boiling, this is inside the car. It subsides after a minute or two, but it is annoying. I took the car back to the local shop and they checked the pressure and fill and said everything was normal and I should give it some time. It still is noisy!

Any ideas!!!!

maxwedge
11-16-2007, 07:21 PM
What was blocked and how did this occur, very unusual diagnosis.

jsdailey
11-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Not certain about the blockage, maybe I didn't pay enough attention. Apparently the pressure valve was not functioning properly and the pressure was too high in the system?

maxwedge
11-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Again, no pressure valve, you need to find out what exactly was done and why for any help.

BRD
11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Do you still get the noise if you turn off the A/C and turn on the heater? If so, it's probably the fan, maybe some hair or debris or leaves got in. On the other, there's a high-low pressure switch for the A/C, which is an item that GM replaced many of in your model year range.

jsdailey
11-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Been on the road! The noise does stop when you shut the air off, so it's definitely in the AC, and I would assume in the AC coolant line. The local shop tested the pressure and it was right on. Maybe some air trapped?

Add your comment to this topic!