Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ground control adjustable coilover suspension kit

blu3kgt
11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
i was just wondering, is this like an alternative to actual coilovers???? so you just replace you stock springs with these springs and you will be able to adjust your height just like the expennsive coilovers???

http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewItemBundle.asp?idProduct=1535:smokin:

Polygon
11-14-2007, 11:46 AM
It isn't quite that easy. You have to cut the spring perch off the strut to make them fit, but is essence, yes.

blu3kgt
11-14-2007, 12:01 PM
cool...because i want to lower my car but the eibach springs i think don't lower it enough and the tein coilovers are just way too expensive

Polygon
11-14-2007, 12:10 PM
I would suggest a set of Koni Specials (Red) and the Ground Control kit. Just be careful when cutting the spring perches off.

blu3kgt
11-14-2007, 01:35 PM
alright thanx for the tip....one more question...do you think i will be able to lower it like to 2 inches or more....basically do you know what is the maximum i could lower these to??

Polygon
11-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Ground Control would be able to tell you that, but I don't think you can go more than 2" without screwing up your camber.

Stealthee
11-14-2007, 05:21 PM
I dont even think Koni makes struts for us.

In my opinion, I wouldnt waste the money on sleeve style "coilovers" Yes you can adjust the height, but thats it. It will blow your struts out at a much faster rate and you dont have the ability to adjust dampening.

And as for camber, I dropped about 2 inches and my rear camber was way out. I have aftermarket adjustable rear control arms, I just need to get it aligned.

Polygon
11-14-2007, 05:36 PM
I dont even think Koni makes struts for us.

In my opinion, I wouldnt waste the money on sleeve style "coilovers" Yes you can adjust the height, but thats it. It will blow your struts out at a much faster rate and you dont have the ability to adjust dampening.

And as for camber, I dropped about 2 inches and my rear camber was way out. I have aftermarket adjustable rear control arms, I just need to get it aligned.

Really? You should be fine at 1" I would assume, if not, the rear arms are cheap. Also, unless Koni discontinued them they did.

Stealthee
11-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Koni has never made one for a 3s that I have ever seen. And Ive been in the scene for over 5 years now.

Polygon
11-14-2007, 05:59 PM
By damn, you're right. I could have sworn I saw us in the catalog, guess not. :frown:

blu3kgt
11-14-2007, 06:45 PM
damn... stealthee has a very good point.... im screwed, i will just have to save up for coilovers

Add your comment to this topic!