Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

well shifting into second it sometimes slipps and pops out

bsskierfolife
11-14-2007, 03:58 AM
dont really know wat it is maybe bent bracker for cables..
95 talon awd turbo

gthompson97
11-14-2007, 04:07 AM
How about a little more description. The title bar is for a brief title, not a description of the problem, that's what the rest of the thread is for.

Does it happen when the car is hot, cold, just started, downshifting or upshifting, etc. We need as much info as possible to help you to the best of our abilities. The more info you can give us right off the bat, the less time we'll waste asking questions that could've been answered with a little better description.

When was the last time you checked/changed the tranny fluid/filter?

bsskierfolife
11-14-2007, 04:09 AM
upshifting in second and yes just replaced tranny fluid put a rebuilt tranny in their a month ago

gthompson97
11-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Has it done it since the tranny change? Does it do it no matter what temperature the car is at? What kind of fluid did you put back in?

bsskierfolife
11-14-2007, 05:24 AM
yeah it has done it and i took it in to get fixed and they said they did some adjusting but a day later it did it again i use royal purple synthetic... but yeah idk wat could be the problem i think my bracket for the cables is bent probably

FullThrottleHP
11-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Was this a reputable company who sold you the rebuilt transmission? Sounds like a mistake from whoever rebuilt it...not the installation of it.

MazdaX
11-27-2007, 08:46 PM
I had a transmission built by a shop here and I took it for a drive cycle ( this being about 3 weeks after build ) and it popped out of gear a total of 32 times on a 100 mile trip. Most likely your sliders were improperly installed or not installed at all. I have heard of people just putting in some thick ass gear oil in the tranny to make it feel new and not replacing anything and charging as if they did.

The cables won't have anything to do with it popping out of gear. Basic rule of thumb for manual transmissions : If it grinds : Synchros , If it pops out of gear : Sliders.

If you have a warranty on the trans , I would take it to the shop ASAP before it leaves you stuck in the mud somewhere unpleasant and cold..lol.
Also another thing you can do which is what I did is keep your hand firm on the shifter at all times pushing it forward into the gear ( or back whichever gear it pops out ) , find the range it 'pops out of gear' and feel if the shifter is fighting and pushing back..you'll notice.

Add your comment to this topic!