Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

LT1 in a Blazer

drumcat
11-13-2007, 04:52 PM
So, I plan on putting an LT1 in my 00' V6 2door Blazer, yes that"s right :grinyes: I just recently got my hands on what is supposedly an LT1, I've searched all over the internet trying to verify that it is indeed an LT1. If you guys could help that would be great. All I really found out was that it was built at the Flint manufacturing plant, and that it was made on July 8th.
We also plan on cranking 425-450HP of the little giant, so the 4L60E has got to go.

Thanks!

Block Code: V0708SAU

drifttruck99
12-16-2007, 08:47 PM
i couldn't trace the block code you listed. where did you get it from? check the right bank in front of where the head bolts on. you may need to have a small wire brush to read it right. A visual inspection however an LT1 has 4 valve cover bolts that go down thru the center of the valve cover rather than on the edge. Even then then are 2 or 3 different versions that i know of one being an LT4 out of corvettes. You can save a lot of time by running your block numbers at www.mortec.com (http://www.mortec.com). they list just about every chevy V8 casting number there, they tell you displacement and date of manufacture also

Add your comment to this topic!