Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya Tyrrell P34 Help needed

stevenoble
11-12-2007, 12:41 PM
I have recently bought the Tamiya Tyrrell P34 kit in 1/20th scale.It's the 1977 Monaco GP version,the one with the white upper bodywork and first National City Travelers Checks sponsorship.However after looking through the parts of the kit I noticed that you also seem to get all the parts to model the earlier version from the 1976 season as well,the all blue one with the Elf livery and yellow stripes.If possible this is the version I want to complete as I prefer the overall blue to the blue/white.
So this brings me to my question.Does anyone have the original Tamiya kit of the all blue version and could scan me the pages of the instruction manual that deals with the rear wing and also the cowling,seat and roll over bar area.I am assuming that the chassis and engine in the 2 releases are identical? If anyone knows any different please let me know.Is it possible to build the earlier version from this later Tamiya Monaco GP version? Any Tyrrell experts out there?
Thank you in advance for any help you guys can offer.

davesans
11-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi Steve
You need to pm Michael aka chongman on the other forum he is the old Tyrrell guy. He should be able to help you out with what your looking for.

stevenoble
11-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi Steve
You need to pm Michael aka chongman on the other forum he is the old Tyrrell guy. He should be able to help you out with what your looking for.

Thanks Dave,

I've just sent a PM to the 'Chongman' hope he can help.

mikemechanic
11-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi Steve, looking at my P34 I have the same version as you do it is able to do the original version. The parts they throw in for the new version are the upper body section which is just an addition to the old kit. Have you checked out this site http://www.project34.co.uk/ A great resource for the P34.

Mike

Katsura
11-13-2007, 04:19 AM
I will be of help and scan you the instructions/ decal sheet if the other fella can not be reached.

I have the original verion.

The original release can be motorised and there is an alternative step to make a motor version(that's what that clip door on the bottom of the chassis is about - I would putty it flat.

stevenoble
11-13-2007, 05:00 AM
I will be of help and scan you the instructions/ decal sheet if the other fella can not be reached.

I have the original version.

The original release can be motorised and there is an alternative step to make a motor version(that's what that clip door on the bottom of the chassis is about - I would putty it flat.

Hi Katsura,

If you can scan me the instructions of the original version that would be a really big help and most appreciated.I will send you my E-Mail address via PM.

Best regards,

Steve.

ramslack
01-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi Katsura,

If you can scan me the instructions of the original version that would be a really big help and most appreciated.I will send you my E-Mail address via PM.

Best regards,

Steve.

hello,
I need the instructions too, please help me!

klutz_100
01-10-2010, 02:10 PM
hello,
I need the instructions too, please help me!

you can see them here: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10088622

Add your comment to this topic!