Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what do guys use your airbrush for?

tc3house
12-03-2002, 06:53 AM
i'm confused
what do you guys use your airbrush for? cause most of the threads say that the body was painted using a "rattle bomb" (spray can)

thanks in advance for answering this stupid question

hirofkd
12-03-2002, 10:10 AM
It can be used for anything from body to small bits and pieces, especially when you can't find the right color for the body, the only option you have is to custom mix some paints and spray through the airbrush.

RallyRaider
12-03-2002, 07:05 PM
No such thing as a stupid question :)

I use my airbrush for as much painting as possible. The finish is better than brush painting and rattle cans seem to waste too much paint. The paint from cans can be decanted and sprayed through an airbrush. Use a straw to do this – don’t try to puncture an aerosol can unless you are a trained professional!

The only time I use spraycans straight from the can is for final and clearcoats. By using a can outside I find I pick up less dust on that all-important finish than I do with my airbrush in the garage.

Phil

Hiroboy
12-04-2002, 01:12 AM
I use the airbrush for all parts apart from the body shell and the panel lines, It mainly seems to spray semi gloss black all the time :)
or as hirofkd said also spraying mixed paints which are not avaliable in a spray can. The airbrush gives a better finish on small parts than brushing specially with acrylic paints.

Steve

Add your comment to this topic!