Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

WTB: Rear mudflaps

Tony
11-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Damn it, I want some rear mud flaps. Just got some front ones on and I'm really liking them, just can't seem to find any rears. eBay sucks and mostly has fronts, the only set with rears they want $145 for, they are insane.

Christ
11-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Rear's for what car? if you want them for the '91, I could look next time I go to gary's, but I think they're around $40 plus shipping... I'll let you know if I find any, and what the final price is.

Tony
11-10-2007, 08:13 PM
yea, for the 91. Just let me know, Im gonna check the yard around here, but don't think they have them.

Christ
11-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Aight, I'll pick them up whether you need them or not, and they're only $30 plus shipping, far as I can tell.. $15 each.

Even if you don't buy them from me, they'll fit my car anyway.

Did you know that corner lenses from 88-89 are diff from the 90-91 ones?... that's so messed up.. you can use the 90-91 lights in a 88, but you need to change the headlight mount bracket, and get two lil plastic clips for the light to slide into... it's ghey.

Also, do you know if 90-93 Integra seats will fit our cars? If they will, I can get them for 20 bucks... black.

Tony
11-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Well yea, thats the easiest way I tell if its 88-89 or 90-91...if you see the screw on the outside, its the 88-89. Don't know much on the headlights themselve other than the CRX and Civic are different brackets, same headlights. Had to swap those out for my projectors.

I won't say 100% that they will fit, but if your creative any seat will fit. If the seats out of my DA were any good, I would be able to tell you. Right now I want some del sol seats.

Christ
11-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Del Sol has EG brackets right? B/c the EG brackets don't fit right in the floor of an EF.. and the CRX headlights actually DO fit in the Sedan, b/c I'm running both of them in the car right now, they just sit back a lil further... no big deal.

I'm thinking about replacing the whole front end w/ parts from a 91, since there are 14 of them @ gary's right now, all with relatively decent fronts... I need a new pair of fenders... need all the lil metal mount pieces that bolt between the fenders and the core support, etc.. only thing I don't need that I know of is the core support.

Christ
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I just finished fixing my driver's side headlight, sorry to say, the brackets are the same... the only reason the p-side one sits back further is the adjustment and the upper mount metal is bent/folded.. easy fix, then I get the parts from the '91. the only ones that are diff are the 88-89 and 90-91, b/c of the way the corners are mounted... that's all that's diff about them, they'll still interchange w/o worries, and if you wanna put 90-91 headlights in the 88-89, you need to change the corner lenses too, and get those lil tabs that fit in the sheet metal on the fender, where the screw holes would be.

I'm getting a complete '91 front end when I go to change it all... since there are so many of them @ gary's, I figure it would just be easier to swap it over, and I like the '91 bumper anyway.

Any idea if a Hatch/CRX front bumper cover will fit the rebar on a sedan? I might ahve to try that when I go to gary's next time.

That's how I find out what stuff will swap over... try it in a junkyard before I actually buy it.. then I know before I pay for it if I can make it work.

That's how I found out that a DOHC kia head would fit on the stock block of my B2200 (Mazda) pickup truck... nice to find out if I ever get anohter one and don't do the rotary swap.

Tony
11-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Yea, the corner light was the main difference between the Civic and CRX headlights, thats why I switched mine and the fact that I already hacked mine up for the hood pins.

I don't know for sure on the Del Sol seats, but if I do end up finding a set, Ill make them fit, but as you can tell, I don't mind MAKING things work, sometimes I wish I did them better, but usually end up being in a hurry. If you happen to find any of Del Sol seats, let me know :) Found a passenger seat around here in great condition, but no drivers. Might still go get it anyway, because I want some kind of racing seat on the drivers side atleast, was going to do both, but might just do the other side with a Del Sol seat.

Christ
11-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Integra seats don't exactly fit, the front rail mounts are off, they're in just a lil, and slightly (maybe 1/2 inch) over from where the bolts go in the floor... easy fix, just cut it off, and drill the holes in the rail for the new (old civic) mount, bolt it on with some shorties, and bolt it to the floor.

I'm pretty sure it would be the same (or pretty close to it) for Del Sol (spanish for "The Sun") seats.

Imagine driving that car in a spanish area? It would be referred to literally as "Civc - The Sun" lmao.

I think I might go for the 'teg seats, unless I can find a decent pair of 88 model series 'lude Si seats... I rather like them.

other than that, if you could find black interior pieces for a sedan, I'd be more than appreciative :P make sure they're for 88-89 tho, since I don't feel like modding the whole car to be a 90-91, only modding pieces where I have to.

FrodoGT
11-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Del Sol is "of The Sun" just fyi. I really dont have anything else useful to add to the conversation, oh except to say that not all ED's have the same mounts on the seats, my crx seats wouldnt go right into the hatch, in fact it was WAY off. The hatch actually bolts sideways on one of them into the tunnel in the center if I remember right. When I bought my SI seats they wouldnt bolt up to my DX rails, so I pulled all the hog clips off the bottom and pulled the pans off of each, and swapped them. Problem solved :P

Christ
11-12-2007, 07:23 AM
good solution.. I"ve seen a few write-ups on getting the 'teg seats into a sedan, didn't know the hatches were any diff, so I guess what I said earlier wasn't applicable to Tony.. but, I'm sure it's an easy fix, Honda is famous for making shit that can be swapped with little or no "tweaking".

And you're right about that Del Sol thing, but do you know what the signifigance of that name is?
Hint: Look at a Jap flag... that should do it for ya.

Loosely referred to as "The country under the sun", Japan has an affliction with sun and moon and similarities between the two, therefore, as their flag is a Sun image, it's only fitting that they call the car "Of The Sun" as in "Born of Japan."

At least that's the last thing I heard about it, almost 4 years ago from a Group of Honda enthusiasts, who all seemed to pretty much agree on it.

Tony
11-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Yea, there are a lot of different seats that you can either mod their rails or make your old rails fit on.(or atleast a few different ones :))

Ill look for those interior pieces tomorrow while I'm out there. Why is it we always thread jack our threads? Guess its better than threadjacking someone elses :)

Christ
11-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Lol.. sorry, just making a side note :P

But I'll see if I can find those mudflaps for you when I go to the junkyard, I have to go back this weekend, before I go to scranton.

Tony
11-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Don't bother me any at all going off-topic in my threads...easier for me to keep up with these than the OT thread.

Christ
11-13-2007, 12:24 AM
rofl.. I figure it this way.. after the thread's issue has been dealt with sufficiently, and as long as noone is bitching about it, we're good to talk about whatever. :P

Christ
11-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Back to the original post, and the main topic of this thread, Tony, I'm going to gary's saturday, as I've already made quite clear, but, here's the good news.

I'VE GOT THE GO-AHEAD FROM WIFEY TO DRAIN THE DAY THERE...

This means that if you need anything else that's small, let me know by friday night, since I won't be on before I leave. I'll pick up anything you need, and ship it all in one box to ya. So if you need little bits, pieces, small objects, trinkets, etc., make damn sure you let me know, and I'll make a list of stuff I have to get from there.

FrodoGT
11-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Lol, find a cluster for me, 90-91 non auto with a tach. Id kill for one right now.

Tony
11-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Check the sedans for that cluster Frodo...easiest source for them. I found a ton of them at the yard I was at.

Dropzone, you will get a PM. I don't think there is anything else I'm after other than mud guards, anything else other than lips :) or a black CRX dash :)

Christ
11-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Black CRX dash for the 91, I assume, but I'd be finding one of those for myself first, putting a CRX dash in the sedan :P I have a blue HF dash that I"m thinking about using, but I have to get some black modder's paint. .it's vinyl, and actually soaks into the plastic.. we use it to color plastic parts when we do computer mods and stuff. it keeps the original finish of the part, like the bumpy surface.

Tony
11-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Yea, I can get a blue CRX dash easy, just dont feel like changing the color on it.

Christ
11-15-2007, 11:12 AM
heh, i don't mind doing that stuff.. plus, it will give me the time to add the pieces where I need to ensure the proper fitment.. attention to fine detail is a large part of my repertoire (sp), and I like to put small rubber washers or o-rings around where the screws go.. helps to keep the screws tight, and stops the dash from working loose and rattling over time.

FrodoGT
11-15-2007, 04:33 PM
SEM vinyl dye is the shit btw. Pick it up at paint suppliers, aint cheap but it really does DYE the stuff, permanently. I need a black crx dash too :(

Oh and i have looked in the 4d's they are either auto, or 88-89. Found 4 so far.

Tony
11-15-2007, 07:34 PM
If Drop doesn't find you one, ill look next time I go out to the yard.

FrodoGT
11-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks, since im banned from the one me and my buddy got busted at, which was the besto ne. Im told there is one very close by that ive never been to, maybe Ill check it out. The only other one sucks, all the cars sit in the dirt and its a bitch to work on.

Christ
11-16-2007, 12:15 AM
that's what this one is, not so hard to work, but everything is in the dirt.. but they have a transport service to take you anywhere in the yard. I'm not sure what that gauge panel will cost, what's the max you'll pay for it? I don't have a price list right off hand to look it up, so give me an idea, if it's more, I won't pull it for you if I find it, instead, I'll just wait until the next week and get it then after consulting you.

So tell me... How much of YOUR MONEY can I spend? lol

FrodoGT
11-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Id pay 35 bucks for one, before shipping.

Christ
11-16-2007, 11:07 AM
aight, I'll keep that in mind... 5 sp cluster, 90-91, w/ tach, $35 + shipping max price. cool, I'll see what I can dig up.

Christ
11-17-2007, 02:11 AM
woooooohooooo!!

I just started looking through the website @ gary's, seeing what's on sale this week... spindles, 9.99 ea... calipers, 6.49 ea, 1.00 core. Guess what that means?

I'm getting my Rear disc conversion... under $40.00 for everything in the yard. except I'm not buying the rotors from the yard, I'll wait until I'm ready to swap it out, then get the rotors from the parts store, since they're almost the same price, and come w/ a one year warranty. (ValuCrap parts, I already know, they're cheap, but I've used them all my driving years, w/o problems.)

So lets do some math, since Frodo likes that stuff:
Rear spindles x 2 @ 9.99 ea == 19.98
Rear calipers x2 @ 6.49 + 1.00 core (7.49 ea) == 14.98
Rear trailing arms x 2 @ 0.00 (unnecessary for swap) == 0.00
New rotors x 2 @ 10.99 ea == 21.98 (Not included -- parts store, b/c they're 7.99 +1.00 core ea from Gary's.. not worth it, especially not being new.)

Sub == 19.98 + 14.98 == 34.96
+ 8% NY sales tax == 2.80
Total == 37.76 USD :D

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout.

(I know I need the prop-valve too, but I can fit that in my pocket.. and buying all those parts, they won't make me pay for it anyway.) *My M/C is already the 13/16 version, its' an aftermarket OEM replacement.* (I technically should opt for the Integra booster/MC, but it's not necessary, and it's more money than I have right now.)

I *think* the gauges shouldn't run more than $25 from the yard, then whatever shipping is from 13760. And that's if I can find one for you. Tony, your mudflaps will be $15 + shipping, but I'll call you sometime while we're there tomorrow if I find them for you, and talk about it then. Will pry be around noon or 1'ish, so expect a call.

Add your comment to this topic!