Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 Cav. Electrical Problems and thumping in the front tire

LindaJT
11-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Problem 1: I'm having trouble with my radio, dome light, and everything else connected to that fuse. When it worked correctly, I would open the door and the dome light would turn on. When I turned off the car, the radio would continue to play until the driver's door was opened.

Suddenly when I open the door the light does NOT go on, the radio stops playing as soon as the ignition is turned off, and everytime I step on the brakes, the dome light comes on. It also takes a LONG time for the dome light to go off after I have gotten out of the car.

Problem 2: About a month ago I started hearing a quiet thudding sound that seemed to be coming from the front passenger's side tire. It got a little louder but would stop when I turned right. Now it is even louder and doesn't stop when I turn. I have all good tires, so that shouldn't be the problem. I'm guessing that it is maybe wheel bearings, but I have also read that brakes/rotors can cause that noise (and I am pretty sure I need both of them replaced because it shutters when I use the brakes). I'm guessing it is whatever costs the most to fix, but would like to hear from those smarter than me.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Linda

shakewell
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
re: Problem 1 - did you have an aftermarket radio installed recently?

re: Problem 2 - sure sounds like a tire/wheel to me. If you roate that Passenger side tire to the rear and the noise goes away or changes then that's the problem.

LindaJT
11-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll try changing the tires around this weekend, hopefully that does the trick.

I haven't installed a radio, everything is just the way I bought it brand new.

Thanks again,

Linda

peanasky
11-10-2007, 12:20 AM
To your second question, I had something similar, it wasn't a thudding, but it was a really odd sound, and my breaks shuddered. It turns out that my rotor was warped so they had to shim that. That'd be my guess if it's not the tire

Add your comment to this topic!