Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tranny probablem

Andykid456
11-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey i got a 95 gsx when the car is not warmed up it goes in to 3rd gear normal. soon as its warms up it pops out i dont know what it is could you please help thanks.

gthompson97
11-07-2007, 08:34 PM
You need to be more descriptive. What do you mean it "pops out"? Like when driving, or just sitting there? When was the last time you checked the fluid? I suggest switching your tranny fluid to Pennzoil Synchromesh or BG Synchroshift. Going to a higher performance tranny fluid (especially in manuals) usually eliminates or drastically reduces shifting problems, unless you have a bad problem with the synchros, then you're screwed either way.

Andykid456
11-08-2007, 08:14 PM
It Pops out when im driving so i have been doubel clutching and it goes in fine it usally grinds more if im shifting from high rpms from 2nd to 3rd.

NOFX0617
11-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Sounds like your synchros might be going bad. I second checking your oil. Make sure you have enough oil in there and i would also second the switch to BG Synchroshift or similar oil and see if that helps your problem if not you might need a rebuild.

Add your comment to this topic!