Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Instructions to Put an Aftermarket Cold Air Intake On.

94blueaccordex
11-07-2007, 01:19 PM
First of all the intake did not come with Instructions which Sucks! I have removed the Filter and the Filter top and bottom. From where the bottom part was Removed it leaves an Opening. I was wondering what do you put back in that place. Coming out of the Throttle Body There is 2 Wires/Hoses that connect to the Stock Intake. There is only 1 Wire/Hose Connection on the New Aftermarket Intake. What am I suppose to DO??

nickwitateg
11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
are they vaccuum hoses? if they are do they have lillte metal connectors on the end? if so, drill a small diameter hole in the intake piping, connect the vaccuum hose and then use some "seal all" adhesive glue and seal the extra space in the hole...

if the intake that you bought is truly a "cold-air" intake, that means it came with two sections of piping, one to connect to the throttlebody with a cuppling on the other to connect the second pipe which will connect to your filter, that opening where the bottom of your box was is the passageway which you second piece of tubing will go into. before you do that you will have to take out (if your car has one) the "intake resonater" whisch is located right under that opening. its held in by a few 10mm screws.

if ya got more questions just ask...

94blueaccordex
11-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Ok Thanks. I tried to put the Intake on Today But it is totally the Wrong One. I will send it back and Get a Aem Intake. When you take the Old Intake Off what do you do with the 4 hoses/ wires connected to the old one?? Also on the Main Engine there are two hoses that connected to the old intake, but the New Intakes only have one Connector on them, What do I do for that. If possible, can you send me some pics of the whole process. It would be greatly Appreciated. I am trying to Learn how to do My own Mechanic Type Work on my 94 Accord 4cyl. But Anyways, What is the Difference between a Short Ram Air Intake and a Long Ram Air Intake?

alphalanos
11-16-2007, 01:18 AM
SRI- filter is located inside engine bay.

'long air intake' commonly known as cold air intake locates the filter out side the engine bay.

Add your comment to this topic!