Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Disable daytime lights

turbosfi
11-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi, Is there a way to disable daytime running lights on 02 Rendezvous? Thanks

TopherS
11-07-2007, 12:30 PM
I think that there might be a fuse you could pull, but am not sure. I have heard that by disabling the DRL's, you will also lose the Twilight Sentinel (automatic headlamps) function, as well as the delayed headlamp function (leaving the headlamps on for a period of time after you turn off the car). I have no idea if pulling the fuse will cause any sort of interaction with any other function of the car or cause any sort of trouble codes.

Just out of curiosity...why would you want to diable the DRL's? It's a safety feature, enabling others to see you sooner than without. Having the Twilight Sentinel and delayed headlamps functions is just fluff, I know, but I love the convenience of never having to touch a headlamp switch. :grinyes:

turbosfi
11-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I think that there might be a fuse you could pull, but am not sure. I have heard that by disabling the DRL's, you will also lose the Twilight Sentinel (automatic headlamps) function, as well as the delayed headlamp function (leaving the headlamps on for a period of time after you turn off the car). I have no idea if pulling the fuse will cause any sort of interaction with any other function of the car or cause any sort of trouble codes.

Just out of curiosity...why would you want to diable the DRL's? It's a safety feature, enabling others to see you sooner than without. Having the Twilight Sentinel and delayed headlamps functions is just fluff, I know, but I love the convenience of never having to touch a headlamp switch. :grinyes:
My work requires me to sit a long time in day and dark. I will need to run engine for heat here in mich. without drawing attention to my car. Thanks

TopherS
11-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I get that...makes sense. :grinyes:

You also might try having the parking brake on while you're sitting. If you engage the parking brake prior to starting the car, your automatic headlights should not activate.

On my Park Avenue, the Twilight Sentinel switch allows you to turn off the lights while in Park, but as soon as you shift into Reverse or Drive, they will come on (if it's dark enough), whether you want them to or not.

My brother had a Silverado (about 2000 or so???) that you would disable the automatic headlamps while in Park by pressing the interior lights button 3 times in a row. Again, if you shifted out of Park, they would come on if it were dark enough.

I don't know if the Rendezvous has such a "trick" to disable the automatic lights at night...other than the parking brake. I'll try to remember tonight to check into that with the wife's 'Vous.

Add your comment to this topic!