Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 intrepid 2.7 trans solonid pack replacement

brocsbar
11-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Is there a procedure out there for the replacement of the solonoid pack i the pan of a 98 intrepid 2.7? Also I heard that you need to relearn the transaxle after preforming this procedure. As a small shop with no major computer I was wondering if it is safe to preform the pack removal instalation and have the customer drive 15 miles to dealer for the relearn? Couldn't be worse than him driving it now with code 700 right?

dei3nlile2
02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
You have to drop the valve body to replace the solenoid pack because it sits on top of the valve body. you will need to do a relearn on it. most scanners are capable of doing a relearn. it is also called a qwuick learn and would be found in the trans controller.

sassee
02-25-2008, 02:27 PM
I changed the solenoid pack in my daughters 96 ES w/3.5 but I did not have to have a new computer flash. It drove off fine with no issues what so ever. That was several years and lot of miles ago!

By the way.............it may seem like more work but it is actually easier to drop the tranny and change the solenoid pack from the top. Be VERY careful if you drop the valve body because you will have several tiny metal balls come out of the valve body and they must go back in the exact same place. I like to never found the diagram on where to put mine back in!

txcowboy
07-16-2008, 06:36 AM
what can stop my car from going in to over drive

wafrederick
07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
The 1998 and up transmissions have problems with speed sensors and do not go out.Also use the recomended Mopar fluid,ATF+4 and there is good news.You do not have to go to the dealer anymore for the fluid,most parts stores sell it.Carquest is one under their name.

Add your comment to this topic!