Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hate this 94

jrcpro
11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Ok folks, I'm driving down the road and it stalls and dies, restart idles fine, put into gear dies (engin light is on the whole time), there was a rotted hose behind the manafold (vacume of some sort) replaced that and the light went off and it ran fine, wife just called and the problem returned leaving her stranded in the parkinglot of the store, WTF is the problem with this load of crap, sorry got out of hand there, it isnt like I dont know how to fix a car but this car it a complete mystery to me..............
Also when driving at speed limits of 35 to for 40 when it goes through all of the gears it feels like I'm rolling over a bunch of speed bumps, if I cram the peddle it goes away, It dosnt do it at highway speeds......

any help will do.....thanks....J!!!!!:banghead:

JColstion
11-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Sound like a bad o2 and map sensor.
If the check engine light came on, then it should give you the codes.
Reply to this if you don't already know how to get the codes by way of the key ignition and I'll try to walk you through it.

jrcpro
11-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Yes if you could walk me through to get the code, my wife was driving it, so I wouldn't have seen anything in the car.

JColstion
11-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Turn the key from the off position to the on position just before start, then back to the off position.( Do not start). Do it 3 times in less then 10 seconds. On the 3rd time, leave it in the on position.
1 off/on, 2 off/on, 3 off/ leave on
After 10-15 seconds, the check engine light will begin to flash. You need to count the flashes. (You may want to have a pen and paper handy) The codes for that year are double digit. There sound be an extra second or two pause between the end number of the first code and the start of the next code.
Flash/pause/Flash Flash = 12
pause.................
Flash Flash/pause/Flash Flash = 22

Then just google dodge codes and you should be able to find a list of what the codes mean.

I can tell you that 12 is "battery has been disconnected" and 55 is "end of codes"

Hope this helps, good luck

jrcpro
11-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks that did it.....bad map sen, thanks a bunch.......J!!

JColstion
11-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Glad I could help :)

Add your comment to this topic!