OBD II "Link error"

Coltzfan1963
11-03-2007, 05:09 PM
My '06 Rio's check engine light came on yesterday. I hooked up my scanner and only got "link error". After checking connections etc., took it to local parts store to have codes read just in case my reader is fried. No luck, the one they have give's link error also. I checked my scanner on my other vehicles and it worked fine. Any ideas?:banghead:

Homewood50
01-28-2008, 06:50 PM
I was playing with mine a week ago, after getting a reading that referred to the IAT Sensor. I wasnt sure of the location of that sensor but thought it was the one going into the right side of the air cleaner box as you look at it. I disconnected this switch and the OBD2 reader immediately lost comms so I plugged it back in again. Still showed it had lost comms so I giggled it a little and it began to search and then linked again succesfully. Not even sure what it was I actually unplugged but the net result was instant loss of scan ability, instant loss of comms and I realized that if its not securely fitted then you get a scan error reading when you plug the OBD2 in. Could it be that yours is lose?

Add your comment to this topic!