Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

32-35 MPH Shaking

ot2reef
11-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Between 32-35 mph the left front of crv feels like it is shaking or vibrating. Appy accelerator and it ends. Does it intermittently. Used to vibrate at higher speed too, but I put 4 new tires on and it stopped. I have switched the front and rear tires to test for a bent wheel. No change. One person told me it may be a lock up torque converter problem. Any ideas?

roman.s
01-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Between 32-35 mph the left front of crv feels like it is shaking or vibrating. Appy accelerator and it ends. Does it intermittently. Used to vibrate at higher speed too, but I put 4 new tires on and it stopped. I have switched the front and rear tires to test for a bent wheel. No change. One person told me it may be a lock up torque converter problem. Any ideas?

I have 2000 crv and same problem, car is vibrating at low speed.
Did you find any solution?

ericplopez
03-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I have a 2003 CRV and have the same problem. I will keep the car a constant speed and the car will begin to vibrate. It is especially bad around lower speed such as 30-40 mph. If I hit the break or gas the vibrating ans shaking will stop. I also seem to notice it more when I am driving on flat rodes with few hills. I'm thinking might have something to do witht he torgue that prevents it from happening when on hilly rodes. I took the car into the dealer to show them the problem but of course the car wouldn't vibrate when I wanted it to. Any suggestions? Thanks

john.public64
04-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I have the same problem. Also comes around 55-60 MPH but less evident. One way to see is look in the rear view mirror and you can see that it is vibrating. I have been unable to find the issue. One garage just balanced my tires but problem is still there. One guy suggested changing differential fluid but didn't get around to do that yet. Have you tried changing differential oil ?
It seems vibrations are worse on warm days (but couldn't say for sure because it is somewhat random).

roman.s
04-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I have the same problem. Also comes around 55-60 MPH but less evident. One way to see is look in the rear view mirror and you can see that it is vibrating. I have been unable to find the issue. One garage just balanced my tires but problem is still there. One guy suggested changing differential fluid but didn't get around to do that yet. Have you tried changing differential oil ?
It seems vibrations are worse on warm days (but couldn't say for sure because it is somewhat random).Have your mechanic check propeller shaft. there are two CV joints and mine were seized.You have to replace the whole assembly. Seems like lots of people is having this problem.Maybe we should complain to Honda and have them to fix this problem.

crvgal
07-04-2008, 01:41 PM
I think I will have to do the same to my crv...how much did it cost to have the whole assembly replaced? I've already had the rear differential fluid flushed and it made no difference.

roman.s
09-22-2008, 08:40 PM
It cost $700 Canadian,include laborer and it solved the vibration problem. Now I noticed something like too much play in transmission, when you play with gas,accelerating/decelerating, you can hear click. Car drives normally,so I don't know if that's normal or something is worn out. I am afraid to go to Honda, because most likely they will say it is normal. Anybody has the same problem?

Add your comment to this topic!