Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

88-91 Honda Civic (GL)

DJ-K1
12-01-2002, 10:56 PM
Heya All. Well just signed up today on here, as we recommand by some mates overseas. Im in Australia, and thinking in buying a 88-91 Model Civic and fixing it all up.

I was wondering for all you Aussie people if you can help me out a little?

I kinda got a list so I can get cracking, and see what there is to offer for this car.

Bodykits? Any sites, pictures please let me know
Turbo/Superchargers? Can this be done? If so what would be a good one to get?
Exhust? I was thinking in getting x2 Twins exhust 2 on each end that bend up?

I really wont to see what bodykits there is for this type of car, would really like to see some pictures and sites if possible...

Thanks All

Ciao... Mano... :p

slave
12-02-2002, 07:58 PM
yeah, Newcastle, good stuff. I like this kit for the civics, I know its American but its still a good indication of whats out there. If you see a red CRX with SLAVE in Newcastle, thats me.

http://www.cervinis.com

DJ-K1
12-02-2002, 10:02 PM
Alrighty kwel, yea have seen it around mate :p You wouldn't be albe to help me out at all could ya?¿? I found a awsome kit from USA will cost me $3000 to import LOL :( Then took me some little while, but then I found it in Australia :D But it's for a Honda Civic 2000 model, so should be able to get it custom fitted.

I wann put twin turbo, and supercharge it, then maybe eventuly interor or something...

Got any idea what I could put under the bonnt for a 88-91 model? Need some idea's and options, so I know where I stand for this type of car/model. Alos where some good spots for body kits?

Thanks Mate

:sun:

slave
12-02-2002, 10:12 PM
Lol, kewl. Yeah if you ever want help with stuff then sure, weekends are free. Im not an expert at all but its all good. Supercharger, for a B16a, adds 115 or so horsepower and can be worked up to over 400, made by Vortech, nice bit of kit, BUT costs a fucking lot. Something like $4500US, eek. Im just saving for a B16a, started my VTEC fund now guys!!! Once my rego is done I'll be a bit more eager with the savings for it etc. And, YEAH, 9 days til I go home!!! Back to the Gold Coast for a month!!!!!!

slave
12-02-2002, 10:26 PM
And uhm, as for Twin tubos, or even the twin tubos AND supercharger, I hope you're kidding.

Oz
12-02-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by DJ-K1
Alrighty kwel, yea have seen it around mate :p You wouldn't be albe to help me out at all could ya?¿? I found a awsome kit from USA will cost me $3000 to import LOL :( Then took me some little while, but then I found it in Australia :D But it's for a Honda Civic 2000 model, so should be able to get it custom fitted.

I wann put twin turbo, and supercharge it, then maybe eventuly interor or something...

Got any idea what I could put under the bonnt for a 88-91 model? Need some idea's and options, so I know where I stand for this type of car/model. Alos where some good spots for body kits?

Thanks Mate

:sun:

Umm...you're thinking of using a kit designed for a 2000 series Civic (6th gen) for a 4th gen which came out with completely different engine/transmission/clutch combinations. Then you want to put not one, but two turbos on a 1600cc engine. Then put on a supercharger. OMFG. Well, I say go nuts. Save up $80,000 then throw it out a window. Because at least you'll feel good about having more money than sense. Tool. Owned.

Setanta
12-03-2002, 04:28 AM
Why???

Turbo AND supercharging a GL B15 is pointless, it's a twin carb engine with no EFI so you can kiss the engine goodbye. Twin turbos in an EF??? Where the hell are you going to put them... and why? :p

With the GL you are best pulling the B15 and dropping in either a ZC for 130bhp or a B16A or B18C for 160bhp+

Vortech superchargers will not fit in an EF enginebay and are designed to be bolted to a B16A anyway. No way will you ever get 400bhp out of one Slave - have a look at the engine that Croydon use and you'll get an idea why.

Seriously, anything more than a decent engine swap is just pissing in the wind... all you'll get is a wet front :p

Go here http://www.4thGenerationCivic.com for info on the 4th gen Civic - it's US but one or two Aussies/Kiwis are members. BTW - my SiR import is Civic of the month this month ;)

DJ-K1
12-03-2002, 06:23 PM
Okies Thanks People.

Like it was either supercharge it or put turbo or something...

The kit is only a body kit, not a civic 2000 car kit or anything. The kit i wanted was in usa for $3000+ to import it. So it took a little while until I found it. There is a place in syd that has it exact the same but on a 2000 model civic. So wanna get quote to see how much it will cost to get it custom fitted :p

If I get the car, I just wanna give it some power casue I think standard, it's like 50kw or something LOL

slave
12-03-2002, 06:32 PM
You'd be better starting with a whole engine swap. lol, says me who only just started his VTEC fund. Bleah. Maybe i can steal Pete's B16.........

Oz
12-03-2002, 08:59 PM
Slave - Pete's engine has 220 on it. Time for a rebuild.

DJ - Forget wacky ideas about custom fitting body kits designed for completely different shapes! Find a nice 4th gen kit and fit it, or bvetter yet - DON'T! Stop trying to piss your money away. Think, lok at other people's SUCCESSFUL mods then decide.

Setanta
12-04-2002, 04:09 AM
LOL - WTF Oz?????

Ummm... it has 225,000 on it and is still as fresh as all hell. I dunno what your definition of "time for a rebuild" is, but my definition sure as hell isn't "oh look, my engine isn't using any oil, isn't blowing smoke, is actually up on power since the last dyno - lets throw it away" :mad:

No offence mate, but a well-serviced Honda engine will go to 300,000 miles. :finger:

DJ - get the Mugen replica through Cyber, or the Wings West from the US... that way it will look sweet, rather than a ricey wannabe Fast and the Furious mobile. That or get the Japanese front end off an XT25 or SiR 4th gen. It looks nicer than the Aussie spec nose-cone/bonnet.

BTW slave... you can steal it - if you can catch the SiR in the plastic fantastic first :p

DJ-K1
12-04-2002, 04:44 AM
Alrighty "Setanta" I will check up on that :p I will get umm the pics of the kit I like and add it to some web space, so you can all tell me what you think, I like it, prity shmick

slave
12-04-2002, 10:07 PM
lol, Can I drive Brad's car? :D Puleeaase????

Setanta
12-05-2002, 12:15 AM
lol Slave... sure, if you don't mind me borrowing an R34 GT-R to run against it :p

Oz
12-05-2002, 04:59 AM
OK Petey. You call me when it has 300k miles on it and I'll come pick ya up! Hehehe. And if Slave get's the 180 and Pete gets the R34, I'm filming and giving chase on the magic penis carpet. Take the hint and SHUT UP. Slave, Pete's car is a fine example of JDM goodness. You drive a standard CRX with filter exhaust and stickers!! GD....

:rolleyes: :finger: :devil:

slave
12-08-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ozriceboy
OK Petey. You call me when it has 300k miles on it and I'll come pick ya up! Hehehe. And if Slave get's the 180 and Pete gets the R34, I'm filming and giving chase on the magic penis carpet. Take the hint and SHUT UP. Slave, Pete's car is a fine example of JDM goodness. You drive a standard CRX with filter exhaust and stickers!! GD....

:rolleyes: :finger: :devil:

Uhm, shit. Im sure I speak for Pete too but banter like this is all fun and games til SOME FREAK MENTIONS FLYING ON A PENIS CARPET!!!!!!!!!! SICK BASTARD!!!!!!!!! :devil:

DJ-K1
12-21-2002, 05:00 AM
Tell me what ya all think of this?

HONDA CIVIC 1984
Imported Red, new imported Integra 1.6 litre twin cam, new Crower cams, Microtech MTA, upgraded injectors/extractors, 2 1/2in exhaust system, Hi Flowed cat and mufflers, new heavy duty clutch, lowered, alarm, central locking, sunroof, new brakes, just serviced, 17in Enki GZero, Kenwood system, Prelude bucket seats, CRX steering wheel

Nice? how fast you recon this is? :sun:

Oz
12-21-2002, 12:45 PM
I saw that in the TP as well! It's probably good for mid-high 14s. Not a bad 'lil car as long as it hasn't been thrashed within an inch of it's life.

Spunkymonkey
12-21-2002, 02:35 PM
well..if its the vtec b16a engine it has in it...then it certainly can do 14's. Chuck has done a high 13...but he has extensive.....weight reduction lol :D

Oz
12-21-2002, 06:34 PM
Wouldn't you're best guess/instinct tell you it's probably not a B16A? BTW, how's the weather in Sydney? It's between -10 and 8 here in Pemberton (http://www.pemberton.net/). Will get photos ASAP. Snow covered mountains everywhere outside back/front doors here. Skiing Whistler (http://www.whistler-blackcomb.com/) tomorrow. Ozz

Spunkymonkey
12-21-2002, 07:11 PM
Wouldn't you're best guess/instinct tell you it's probably not a B16A? BTW, how's the weather in Sydney? It's between -10 and 8 here in Pemberton (http://www.pemberton.net/). Will get photos ASAP. Snow covered mountains everywhere outside back/front doors here. Skiing Whistler (http://www.whistler-blackcomb.com/) tomorrow. Ozz

yes...my best instincts would say that...BUT

from what I can recall...the 1st model integra...came with 1.5L, and 2nd gen is 1.8

and even if at some stage the 1st gen integra came with a 1.6 twin cam engine....why the hell would you import it, when you can get it here?

so therefore if the integra is imported...it sounds like 1st gen teg with b16a similar to the one chuck got engine out of.

See my reasoning :p

weather is hot here

Oz
12-21-2002, 07:21 PM
Fair enough. I thought the 1st gen Integra came out with a 1600 ZC. Oh well. I hope, for his sakes, it's a B16. Too bad about the weather, huh? See y'all soon. I dead set have NFI what to do next year. UAI was much lower than expected. Is Vodafone looking for anyone ATM or soonish??

Spunkymonkey
12-21-2002, 07:28 PM
Fair enough. I thought the 1st gen Integra came out with a 1600 ZC. Oh well. I hope, for his sakes, it's a B16. Too bad about the weather, huh? See y'all soon. I dead set have NFI what to do next year. UAI was much lower than expected. Is Vodafone looking for anyone ATM or soonish??

Bah...my bad...comes out with the D16a....same engine as in the EG Si - non vtec 96kw.

BUT why the hell would you have to import that engine LOL

It would go ok I suppose...but 96KW...perhaps NOT 14s.

me thinks the whole ad is a bit silly....

um....firstly...imported red??? :bloated:

and how the hell can you drive with 17's on that car...when it comes with 13's standard...I mean I know its got decent sized wheel arches lol...but still 4 inchs bigger :rolleyes:

Oz
12-21-2002, 07:48 PM
Well, ZC can get like 115-120kW with work. Maybe high 14s. Thing has cams+other work. Maybe like 14.8 or 14.9. You guys would love the amount of modified Hondas/Acuras over here and in Vancouver. Have seen an original model CRX (1st gen) ex-race car on the road, HEAPS of modified del-sol's, heaps of 4th gen Civics completely worked, lotsa 5th gens with Bodykits and lotsa 6th gen coupe's. One that overtook us was an absolute rocket. We are driving a Ford F350 (read Ute on copious amounts of steriods that is over 4m long). We can change lanes whenever we choose.....it's great. Just indicate and they get the fuck out of the way....hehe

Spunkymonkey
12-21-2002, 07:57 PM
yeah...that's the ZC....

we're talking D16a here.....

my friend does low 14's..and he has min 155kw @the wheels.... although he should be able to get 13's.

so 96 - 100kw @engine .... I think 14s is a bit too hopeful ...even if its lighter....plus attempting to get traction another issue too (especially on 17's :p )

Chuck has around 91+ kw @ wheels.

Oz
12-21-2002, 08:17 PM
Sounds cool - but I thought they were one and the same engine? ZC and D16. Oh well, I'm off pretty soon. Have a good one. I'll settle for 15s. ;):)

Spunkymonkey
12-21-2002, 08:32 PM
whoops :p so used to calling it ZC.

I've been working too hard :silly2:

ZC in 3rd gen civic..boring...been done :p

hmmm...not sure of any jobs here atm..they are changing hours here in Feb....

let you know if anything comes up.

Oz
12-21-2002, 08:59 PM
NP. Appreciate it about the job thing. Man, gotta organise an APC ski weekend next season! Would be so much fun. If anyone is interested, I'll start another thread.

Spunkymonkey
12-21-2002, 09:43 PM
that's ok....plus if I refer you I get a bonus :dogpile:

I may be going to NZ next year to go skiing....cousins and sis planning to go...not sure yet.

DJ-K1
12-21-2002, 10:40 PM
Yeah I seen it in the TP too... i rember last time i looked it was 6500$ lol so he/she droped it 1000$

I might give a ring and find out about it, i dont like that model "84" (2nd Gen?) lol like the front of the bar and stuff, would rather 4th Gen.

Will also find out if tis has a body kit etc... If not i would get one fitted so the front bar is diffrent LOL (as I dont like the 84)

And when i find out will let ya know :sun:

Yeah I dont get why it's called imported red? hehe weird stuff...

Also did you see the umm... $4th Gen Civic for $14,000 ? wtf I hope that was a typos hehe, tis a lot of $$$ for only a 4th Gen?

DJ-K1
12-21-2002, 11:35 PM
Actuly how is is B16 Engine in Aussie?

slave
12-22-2002, 12:55 AM
D16's rock the world. lol. I got one, duh they all say, NOT pulling near 14's though

Spunkymonkey
12-22-2002, 04:03 AM
fat chance selling it for that much lol....

I sold my 3rd gen civic for 1K 2 years ago...lol

hard to find bodykit for this model civic.

what do you mean b16a in aussie?

there's plenty of them about in the EK civic and coupe :)

DJ-K1
12-22-2002, 09:11 PM
Ooppps it was a typos hehe

I ment how much is the B16 in Aussie???

Oz
12-22-2002, 11:39 PM
They range from B16a $500-$2500 depending on where, who, warranty, kiometresto $6000 for B16B CTR engine.

Spunkymonkey
12-23-2002, 04:08 AM
average price between 1K - 1500 these days.

Setanta
12-23-2002, 04:21 AM
Q: The D16A is in fact a ZC engine and vice-versa ;) Our first gen 'teg came out with it factory and mid-run of the 88-91 CRX, the evngine stamp changed to reflect this.

The ZC was done in the 3rd gen - it was the JDM Si Civic (and first gen CRX). Gary Cook in the HCC has one as a private import and they had a very nice body kit on them compared to the Aussie spec ones.

Oz: If anyone can pick up a running B16A for 500 bucks I'd be very surprised though - you can't get a ZC for that price.

Also - the ZC can be made to produce 200bhp but anymore and you are asking for trouble NA. There was one that was campaigned in South Australia running full mugen internals and quad throttle bodies. It still holds a number of 1600cc records for hillclimbs

Cheers
Pete

Oz
12-23-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Setanta
[B
Oz: If anyone can pick up a running B16A for 500 bucks I'd be very surprised though - you can't get a ZC for that price.
[/B]

HONDA CRX 1987 - 1990 1/2 price clearance! Door shells, bumpers, tail lights, headlights, from $50. B16A VTEC engine $999 (3 months warranty) or $499 (no warranty). Many more items discounted. JAP Performance, DL-14755 MOOREBANK 02-9601 6715

--
Ripped straight from TP

Spunkymonkey
12-23-2002, 09:19 PM
Too bad if its a lemon hey ;)

Setanta
12-24-2002, 05:53 AM
3 months on a B16A - hahaha - that's barely enough time to run it in. No warentee? Better off slashing your wrists :p

Oz
12-24-2002, 06:39 PM
Oh well, proved it can be done! Even if it was a dud, spend the difference on a rebuild! Next...

Merry Christmas BTW Southern Hemisphere! I've still got 7.5 hours to go before Chrsitmas :D:D

Spunkymonkey
12-24-2002, 07:18 PM
Merry Xmas to you too Oz and to all the other aussies and kiwis :D

slave
12-27-2002, 03:54 AM
Thanks Q! And merry xmas and happy new year to all

aus4gen
02-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Hi all,

another question for those who know...

if you can pick up a B16a for $500-$2500 how big is the job to swap it into say a 4th gen civic GL? What kind of cost and how much time if it's done right? I realise that the increase in preformance would be huge but interms of cost, time, effort and resale value is it worth it?

not that I have that kind of money to spend on my car any time soon, sometimes it sux being a student!

cheers.

Setanta
02-03-2003, 05:27 PM
To do it properly you need the US custom engine mounts. That's about 900 bucks gone already.

These will allow the engine to fit without changing to the SiR bonnet etc as the mount the B16A on a slightly different angle and lower down than in the SiR.

You must use the SiR/XSi gearbox and driveshafts, plus wiring loom and ECU - yours will be useless. Instrument cluster needs to be changed to run the VSS signal via the electronic speedo that the SiR had. You must also have all the ancillery bits and pieces mounted to the firewall.

This is why I dont care what anyone says, you must have a front cut to do it properly - no way is it as easy as a ZC.

Next, you must do the brake upgrade inc master cylinder and large vented disks at the front minimum - ok if they came with the cut. An engineer will not let it past without this or a decent suspension upgrade to counter the extra weight you are putting up front.

Throw in a custom exhaust and new catalytic convertor, muffler etc = about 700 bucks.

From there you are set to go legally - as long as it passes emissions.

Me, I prefer the easy way - buy one with it all done :)

Setanta
02-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Oops - forgot upgraded fuel pump and surge tank for the EFI - prolly forgot some other stuff too.

aus4gen
02-05-2003, 06:03 AM
Thanks Setanta,

Yeah it seems like that's the long way around, so much to do, if you want a fast car buy a fast car.... and for some strange reason I have a soft spot for civics.

So about that, where did you get yours from and does anyone know of a place in Brisbane that imports civics? I can't say that I've ever seen one on the road up here.

And I can remember you saying that parts for it are a bitch, what's the deal there? oh oh and one more thing, I already have a few bits and pieces for my GL sedan, things like mags full custom exhaust including cat. and a bodgy intake, is anything there compatable? the si-r has larger discs yeah? so the offset will be different yes, no?

sorry I only have questions, there is only so much you can learn from US websites, I guess I just want to know how I can go about things here in Brisbane and if they are worthwhile for me.
thanks again though

Setanta
02-05-2003, 04:44 PM
There's still a few years to go before the SiR can be imported under the 15 year rule. Although the 4G Civic was built in '88, the SiR didn't start until '90. That's why you won't see many/any. I have seen maybe half a dozen EF8 CRX SiRs in the country now, all as "rebuilds" or private imports. Other than that there are only Si 3G Civics that have been imported in as well as a few SiR 5G hatches and 4 doors. You just have to keep your eyes out - I found mine on Parramatta road of all places.

In general, a SiR CRX will go for about 12 grand, my Civic was ticketed at 11 grand and it's worth about 10 IMO, so I dunno how much cheaper you could do one.

Parts are a pain yes if you talk to Honda Aust. Some parts do swap over, but fewer than you'd think as the SiR was redisigned from the windshield forward including the engine bay. Honda NZ is your best bet.

Disks don't change the offset due to size, so all is good there, you can keep your wheels. Get the rear disks and handbrake linkages and you are doing even better - I'm pretty sure they are exactly the same as the CRX rear disks and may come close to being a straigh swap as the two cars share the same floorpan I think.

Cheers

neboboy
05-23-2003, 07:17 AM
HEY ive got an 88 honda civic il post some pictures up as soon as i get a chance ive transplanted an engine from a 96 1.6 vtech single over head cam into it the car is fully resprayed in canary yellow its not finished yet the rear bumper is carcept the skirts are moulded bomex and the front is wings west shovel i think you have to see this to believe it :bloated: does any one know if a straight pipe exhaust system is available for the 88 hatch back . im looking for a magnex or mongoose system

Jimster
05-23-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by neboboy
HEY ive got an 88 honda civic il post some pictures up as soon as i get a chance ive transplanted an engine from a 96 1.6 vtech single over head cam into it the car is fully resprayed in canary yellow its not finished yet the rear bumper is carcept the skirts are moulded bomex and the front is wings west shovel i think you have to see this to believe it :bloated: does any one know if a straight pipe exhaust system is available for the 88 hatch back . im looking for a magnex or mongoose system

ooooo!!!!! Magnex are awesome exhaust systems I highly recomend- I also suggst you try Scorpions as well.

the engine is a 1.6 right????

The kit on the car sounds interesting as well!

Setanta
05-31-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by neboboy
HEY ive got an 88 honda civic il post some pictures up as soon as i get a chance ive transplanted an engine from a 96 1.6 vtech

http://home.iprimus.com.au/cuchulainn/Comments/vtec.jpg

Setanta
05-31-2003, 07:07 PM
...and then I notice that he owns a "handa" Civic in his profile :rolleyes:

It's truly nice to see that even the English can't speak their own language. I really need to pull out the Jules quote from Pulp Fiction, but I guess that'd be mean :devil:

slave
06-01-2003, 06:10 PM
lol, Handa, my friend Maranda used to say Harnda, but then it was just her accent, I felt like a kid teasing the monkeys, SAY IT AGAIN!!!!!

dlongmu
06-07-2003, 07:34 AM
I jus noticed this off-topic thing uz were saying... im in the UK, and have a civic 1.6i-VT (SIR, but down 8hp, dont ask). Im sadly running 200k MILES on my engine, and its running excellently .... oh hell, the exhaust just dropped off.... THE ENGINE JUS BLEW UP...........no seriously, my engine is not in the best shape now, i replaced the whole exhaust system, added an airfilter ...but the engine is down on performance, feels crappy and is using oil. I put it soley down to the miles it has. My advice is the same, a safe bet, especcially if you are modding ur engine, is to get a rebuild..... you will thank yourself for it. Put it this way though, you cannot get a ABSOLUTE BASIC rebuild on your engine here for less that 3000 aussie dollars. For a full job, you are probably talking near 6000 dollars. I would get a new engine, but the UK government love to charge tasty shipping fees and taxes, so id be talking aroung 7000-8000 dollars easy for a B16a engine ...if i could get hold of one.....pretty sad, considering how in america, PAC motorsport can fully machine your lower block and convert it to 1860 cc, and strengthen it appropriately for 3000 us. dollars, its kinda shocking eh! I would estimate im prob. running around 145bhp just now..... and ive de-catted it, and fitted a full stainless system w/ 2 boxes. ive also given it a cone filter and brand new distributor.......... that power is only an estimate, but a ford Ka (1.3 60bhp) car can keep up with me to 5000revs in 3rd; and civic 1.6i 16v can thrash me..... its no funny joke :0( ....... in britain you just cant afford to do things to a car. Id appreciate any comments, cheers.

Sic-Vic
07-07-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by aus4gen
Hi all,

another question for those who know...

if you can pick up a B16a for $500-$2500 how big is the job to swap it into say a 4th gen civic GL? What kind of cost and how much time if it's done right? I realise that the increase in preformance would be huge but interms of cost, time, effort and resale value is it worth it?

not that I have that kind of money to spend on my car any time soon, sometimes it sux being a student!

cheers.

I was searching for headlights and looked threw the post. Ive done this swap with one of my friends we actually help eachother do the swap. To do this swap on the 4th gen HB heres your parts list.

B16A1 around 1,000-1,500 any more your getting rapped
Shiftlinkage is hybrid cut from a CRX japan spec going to the tranny and the back half is USDM from a CRX this is your only option here around 150
HAS motor mounts 4 piece kit 500-600
Axels all you need is 92 intrega LS NON-ABS about 70 a piece
throttle cable 92 integra non-abs
clutch cable 92 integra non-abs
last but very important a 92 integra non-abs L TRANNY mount or will not work
you need to bang about a half inch of clearance were the L tranny bracket goes
and you need to bang a good size divit for the alternator pully to have clearance
Hope this helps you all trying to mod your civic
oh yes one last thing you need someone very patient to do wiring you can look it up on some honda resource sites for the wiring you need to add about 7 or so wires and 1 of them needs to be ran all the way the the Plug inside the others tap into existing wires i beleive dont hold me to that but its close to what is needed
hers some pics of my swap
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/pa3654941e4b7431c532b16b9be17a8c1/fddb250a.jpg thats the spot we banged to get the clearance for the l tranny bracket
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/p5b693c5d1c2f6e68047ecfb0abf7411a/fddb24c7.jpg here were about finished with putting it in you can put it in tranny and all
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/pc6e9d6c937eef44a10506718291cb73b/fddb26da.jpg and thats it IS IT WORTH IT HAHA WHY HELL YES IT IS this all costed me a total of 3,500 the car i got for a grand motorless
KILL LIST WITH STOCK MOTOR
2003 celica gt-s
2002 dodge ram V8 1500 cummins
2002 BMW 323ci
countless other victims
RESALE VALUE WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SELL IT LMAO

Setanta
07-07-2003, 09:14 AM
http://home.iprimus.com.au/cuchulainn/ef9/sir_engine.jpg

Even easier solution :bigthumb:

Where are you located Sic-Vic?

Sic-Vic
07-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Im in Orlando, Florida the body isnt finished im doing heavy mods to it. Ill post some pics when im done.

psyfron
10-07-2003, 08:31 AM
Sic-Vic: can i asume that there is no aircon or powersteer??
i cant see it there???

i appreciate the pics and parts list....

u forgot to mention the aftermarket fuel pump or the crx fuel tank...

just so u know someone (cant remember who) said that the crx and civic had the same floor plan (conversation was on the rear disc swap)
they are not the same... the stub axels are the same and all the disk shit just bolts strait on but the cables (crx hand brake cable *needed!!!*) are approx 5cm too short before u attach it to the car using the factory locations....
best thing to do is extend the bar on the hand brake that the cable attaches to by 5cm or so, so the cables reach, and just tech screw the cable in place where u can under the car, or go get one custom made...

if u know what u r doing this swap can be done in a couple of hours...

Sic-Vic
11-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Sic-Vic: can i asume that there is no aircon or powersteer??
i cant see it there???

i appreciate the pics and parts list....

u forgot to mention the aftermarket fuel pump or the crx fuel tank...

just so u know someone (cant remember who) said that the crx and civic had the same floor plan (conversation was on the rear disc swap)
they are not the same... the stub axels are the same and all the disk shit just bolts strait on but the cables (crx hand brake cable *needed!!!*) are approx 5cm too short before u attach it to the car using the factory locations....
best thing to do is extend the bar on the hand brake that the cable attaches to by 5cm or so, so the cables reach, and just tech screw the cable in place where u can under the car, or go get one custom made...

if u know what u r doing this swap can be done in a couple of hours...

Wow well its been a while since ive posted that. yes there is no powersteering on any 88-91 civic or crx ive seen from hf to si to dx i havent seen one with power steering. plus with the light weight of the car and if your more of a cornering racing type powersteering can give you false readings in turning at high speeds. That being said i still have my stock 91 civic si fuel pump works fine but the b16 PR3 ecu took a crap this friday good thing i had the stock si ecu it works but no vtec. Ive since decided to take the car off the road for a CRV-tec Build up All high compression 12.5.1 and im going overkill with a dual exhuats but i couldnt resist buying them when i saw them. im also having the block, head, valvecover, tranny, and brake booster and brake master cylinder polished if thats not enough im buying a full numatic air ride with tax returns then im going to mount a mini computer in under the stereo still adding to the list but its going to take months so luckly i have a slow crx to drive while im doing all this so im still driving a honda.

Add your comment to this topic!