Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ok, be gentle, my first Volvo and have a few questions.

dingmyride
11-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Hi all,

Well, as the title says, I've purchased my first Volvo and have a few questions to ask. The guy I purchased it off is trying to locate the books to send to me, but in the meantime....

It is a late 1999 S40 T4 (turbo), auto.

1) How do I turn the high beams on for driving, I know how to 'flash' them, but not how to keep them on for hwy driving.
2) The engine sometimes takes a couple of goes to turn over. I put new platinum plugs in it today, will it take a while to get used to these. I was told once I put these plugs in it would fire up first go.
3) There is a ticking noise when first started, seems to be coming from around the fuel rail. I read somewhere that the injectors can be quite noisy, is this likely to be the problem. It is also due for an oild change so could old / thin oil be causing some engine ticking sound? The ticking stops after about 5 minutes of driving, car doesn't seem affected at all.

On the point of an oil change, what is the best oil to use? I used to run Mobil 1 in my turbo Skylines, I would imagine that or something of a similar grade would be fine for the Volvo?

Oh yeah, one last thing, it's got the fog lights down the bottom of the front air dam, can I change the bulbs in these as one has blown, or is it a fully sealed unit?

Thanks in advance for helping me out with these questions.

COlin

Add your comment to this topic!