Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ABS light

gsr07
10-29-2007, 03:01 AM
Hey everyone, my problem is that my ABS light always stays on no matter what. Everytime i start my car the ABS makes a noise for about 3 secs.. im guessing cuz its suckin up brake fluid? I bled all the brake lines. Brake fluid levels are fine. When i start my car the ABS light goes away but as soon as it starts to roll it turns on. Any possible ideas? Also my meant req light blinks 8 times everytime i start my car. Is there anyway i can make it go away? If i did an oil change would it go away? thanks!

cluelessthenandnow
10-31-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm just a clueless car dummy. But when that happened on my 92 GS, my whole ABS stuff was going kaplooey. You can always take it to dealer and they should be able to tell you what's wrong and the gazillion $$$$ they want to charge; but tell them no thanks and leave. At least you'll know what is wrong.

p.s. I ended up taking ABS chip out and whilst you can just remove the bulb if you weren't a car dummy like me, I just put a piece of black tape over the light so I don't have to see the light.

hankthetank21
01-03-2008, 10:50 AM
As far as i know the abs light turning on as soon as the car rolls, usually means an abs sensor is bad...and your maint req light...nderneathe the dash...right below where your right leg would be when your driving theres a green button on a little black box....if you push and hold it while you start your car it will reset and clear the code....it just tells you when you should change your oil....reset evrytime you change it...

Add your comment to this topic!