93 Probe 4cyl ATX vibration???

spinn360
10-29-2007, 02:43 AM
So my problem is that when I drive the probe at lower speeds usually any where from 20-40 mph the car vibrates. Not like a bent rim or bad balance but the whole car just shutters like the ATX is in the wrong gear like its in 4th at 30mph or something. It's been this way for about oh the last 20 thousand miles and if I give it gas or let off it stops. But it kinda bothers me that I dont know what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced spark plugs as well as wires, Oil change about 100 miles ago. And I ran Fuel Treatment in the gas to clean it out. Runs great besides the occasional vibe.:p

C. Cleve
11-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi, Give me MORE info, Check engine light? You know, Stuff like nthat...See Ya, Clay..

CMurphy1881
11-14-2009, 04:19 PM
So my problem is that when I drive the probe at lower speeds usually any where from 20-40 mph the car vibrates. Not like a bent rim or bad balance but the whole car just shutters like the ATX is in the wrong gear like its in 4th at 30mph or something. It's been this way for about oh the last 20 thousand miles and if I give it gas or let off it stops. But it kinda bothers me that I dont know what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced spark plugs as well as wires, Oil change about 100 miles ago. And I ran Fuel Treatment in the gas to clean it out. Runs great besides the occasional vibe.:p

OK OK now i had same exact problem w/ my 94 2.0 auto i took it to ford had them scan it... TR sensor! = Transmission Range sensor i was out about $40 to fix not bad since they wanted $350-600 to do it

Scrapper
11-14-2009, 09:50 PM
by the way have you put diffirent rem's on there? if so some rem's look and act like they will fit but not alway's. disregard this if you know you have them right.

tigerstyle64
07-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I have been having some what of the same problem with my 94 probe 2.0 except mine car vibrates in idle as well as up to about 30 mph after that it doesn't vibrate at all and runs fairly smooth. I took it to a mechanic for an unrelated issue and asked if he had an opion he said that it could be the o rings around the fuel injectors. Has anybody heard of this or is it a bunch of bull hockey or should I check more into that sensor that was mentioned. BTW there is no check engine light on or anything.

Add your comment to this topic!