Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front fender replacement?

gottarollwithit
10-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi Guys/Gals!

I'm new around here and am glad i found an active forum like this.
I've inherited my grandfather's 93 LeSabre and i'm now forced to drive it.

The brakes are friggin horrible. In the first half stroke of the pedal only the rear drums work. In an emergency situation, this is unacceptable, especially b/c the shocks/struts are soooo soft/worn out. These two factors, plus being tired caused me to clip a bus, which broke the front right fender.

How do i remove the front fender? I very rarely work on cars. After the collision, i discovered that it's made of ABS plastic! Also, where do you guys get replacement fenders?

More on the other issues later..

gottarollwithit
10-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Update: I got the fender off!!

Now the question is, where do i get an OEM turquoise painted with a little white stripe passenger side front fender???

spinne1
10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Update: I got the fender off!!

Now the question is, where do i get an OEM turquoise painted with a little white stripe passenger side front fender???

A boneyard.

'97ventureowner
10-29-2007, 01:24 PM
A boneyard.
Great first choice,if they are part of a locater network, they might be able to find the exact color you need from another yard. Next you could try www.car-part.com . You can enter as much data in their search box and see the results. On most body parts that are displayed in the search results they list the color of the panel, item , etc. You might find a turquoise one there. Then there's always eBay. (You never know, doesn't hurt to look.)

gottarollwithit
10-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Wow, i just visited the website you posted. If i end up finding a light blue right front fender, that'll be the best website ever in the history of man kind!!

They only want like 200 bucks too! Mounting up any ol' salvage fender and then having the stuff custom painted would cost MUCH more than that.

Thanks!!

Add your comment to this topic!