04 kia rio engine problem

helpless in ohio
10-28-2007, 12:21 AM
hey need some advice
my 04 kia has 60601 miles and while driving on the interstate the serpentine/timing belt broke. dealer saying not covered under warranty, and now he's telling me that engine needs repair to the tune of $2000! what could be going on? and is this common? the car is only 3 years old.

swiftknight23
01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
what kind of damage was done to the vehicle. as far as it costing 2000 dollars i think thier tring to take advantage of you. could you give me some more imformation.

Terrell

2004riotuner
02-11-2008, 08:05 PM
If the timing belt broke at hoghway speeds chances are you put the valves through the pistons and you would need to replace the engine.. It is not covered under warrenty because the timing belt is a wear and tear item. If you check your owners manual that came with the vehicle you will find that the timing belt should have been replaced at 60K miles.

wafrederick
02-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Kia's engines and transmissions are junk and that is the worst part of a Kia.Their drivetrains do not hold up at all

Kymechanic02
12-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I am going to tend to disagree with that comment i Had/have a 2005 Kia Rio and it held up fine 10k miles without a oil change and i had no problems with it, ran like it was brand new. When the mechanic changed the Oil he asked me why i was changing it. Maybe i got a great Car, Unfortunatly my lovely fiance totalled it about 4 months ago so i am now in a 1990 Honda Accord, which granted is a good car.

'97ventureowner
12-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Please check the date of the last post in the thread you are replying to. If it is longer than 3 months from the current date, it is considered old and should not be resurrected. You may start a new thread if you have new info (you also may link to the old thread as well,) or want to continue the discussion.More info can be found on this in AF's Community Guidelines.
Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!