Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 LTC electrical

Kitt1993
10-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Hello everyone. I have a 1995 LTC I am experencing some electrical issues that I could use help with. First on the INST MPG part of the cluster, it has been jumping up and down intermitelty for about a month. As soon as I start moving for example 6 mph, it will jump to like 45 mpg then 87 slowly making its way to the 99 mark, then as you hit 2nd gear, it will drop down and slowly move upward until 99 or the next gear. The only time it stops is when the cars come to a complete stop. I was told there is a black box called a "GEM" under the dash that controls this. This is the only part of the cluster that is not working correctly. Also, the other problem that I am having is the factory anti-theft. Intermittently I will try to start the car, it will crank but not start. I have to take the key out, open the drivers door, lock and unlock the doors with the key fob close the drivers door, turn the key again, (this time I hear the fuel pump turn on) Then the car will start. I am curious if these problems are connected..... I would appreciate any and all help...

Bryan

decider
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi Kitt,don't know what all you have tried but I have reset the computer on different vehicles and solved alot of electricle problems in the past.If you want to just remove the ground cable on the battery for a minute or two then hook it back up.Cross fingers and see if you got lucky and cured the beast.

Kitt1993
11-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi Kitt,don't know what all you have tried but I have reset the computer on different vehicles and solved alot of electricle problems in the past.If you want to just remove the ground cable on the battery for a minute or two then hook it back up.Cross fingers and see if you got lucky and cured the beast.

Hello, I can't remember how many times I have disconnected the battery in the past..I guess that would mean that it didn't work.. Thanks any ways...

Stokleyr88
02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
It appears that there is not way to post a problem on this site I bought a 95 Lincoln with the battery disconnected. When it is connected it draws .95 amps .48 to I/P panel through 50 amp fuse and .37 amps through 40 amp I/P fuse. I know I will not get a reponse but though I would try..

Towncar
02-03-2008, 06:03 PM
It appears that there is not way to post a problem on this site I bought a 95 Lincoln with the battery disconnected. When it is connected it draws .95 amps .48 to I/P panel through 50 amp fuse and .37 amps through 40 amp I/P fuse. I know I will not get a reponse but though I would try..

Welcome Stokleyr88 !!
First, don't be so negative about the members here, we do have regulars that frequent the boards just watching for folks with problems.....

Second, you might want to post in the Town Car specific forum just because there are some members that watch only that group.....

Now, as for your voltage drain.. the most common source of drain is a bad diode in the alternator. If you get a chance, visit my webpage and get yourself a Factory Service Manual, no cost to you.

Add your comment to this topic!