Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 LHS Intake Gaskets

newfie4ever
10-25-2007, 07:03 AM
Is it hard to change the gaskets on this 3.5 lt engine? I have the tools to do it but lack the instructions as I don't have a manual. I am ready to give it a shot but would like to know if there is a step by step procedure.

Thanks

AWP9521
10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
That would be a little much to type here! :) but here is what you should do.

Go to an auto parts store (you need to go there anyhow to get the gasket set) and find a Haynes or Chiltons Manual that covers: 1993-1997 Chrysler Concorde/LHS/New Yorker, Dodge Intrepid, and Eagle Vision vehicles. They have a nice step by step procedure even with some photos for an Intake Gasket change, and just about anything else you may need to fix or check on the car, it's a really nice manual to have and will be a handy reference for you on future repairs. I keep mine in the pouch behind the Driver's Seat of my 96 LHS.

newfie4ever
10-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Ok I did some more checking on the car. When it started to idle up (1400 rmp) I pushed on the rubber that holds the cables for the injectors (I think that is what it is) and the ilde went back to normal. I let off the pressure and it idled up again. The rubber I am talking about runs down both sides of the engine and hold the wires for all 6 connector on the top by the intake manifold. Sorry for newbie writing but for lack of a manual this is the best I can do right now. Anyway I assume it a electrical short maybe and not the gaskets. Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!