Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

intake

ZRYDERVR4
10-24-2007, 02:22 AM
well my friend just bought a mazda 6 v6 and he wants to know whats a good in take for the mazda. so what kind of intake do you guys use short or cold air. also what brand do you prefer, i'm thinking K&N but what do you guys think is the best? what size piping do you use?

drdisque
12-07-2007, 03:24 AM
K&N doesn't make an intake for the 6 AFAIK

I have an AEM, I like it.

The CPE is nice too, but expensive.

MazdaX
12-09-2007, 04:26 AM
Injen all the way.

Mazda666
02-22-2008, 05:42 PM
well my friend just bought a mazda 6 v6 and he wants to know whats a good in take for the mazda. so what kind of intake do you guys use short or cold air. also what brand do you prefer, i'm thinking K&N but what do you guys think is the best? what size piping do you use?

K&N does make a CAI but it provides the least amount of horsepower gain. cp-e makes a CAI that comes with a MAI customizer to reprogram your computer to take advantage of all the new air the engine is getting. cp-e offers average gains of 16.58 hp and 15.85 ft lbs., with peak differences of 24.03 hp and 20.35 ft lbs. WOW! but it is pricey. Cold air intakes get air from outside the engine compartment so you run the risk of water getting in the engine and then your screwed. However I hear that K&N also offers a "sock" called the "Drycharger", which prevents hydrolock. Your short air doesn't provide as much horsepower because you are getting warm air from inside the engine compartment but you don't have to worry about driving through puddles. If your not going to go with the cp-e I would just get a drop in K&N filter for you stock intake and be happy with 3 or 4 horses because a short air or Kand N CAI is only going to get you a few more than that and add alot of "issues" as in throwing a P0171 CEL. Although the K&N CAI , I have read, has the least chance of throwing a Check Engine Light.

Add your comment to this topic!