Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Yukon XL Passenger Floor Soaked!!!

flextx500
10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Every time it rains, my front passenger side floor gets soaked. I started pulling things apart last night to find the leak, but had no luck. I removed the heating/cooling cover from under the dash and then another bowl shaped cover way on the right side. The bowl shaped cover was lined with foam and filled with water. I'm not sure if that is the evaporator above this or what it is. I've been told to check the a/c drain hose. I can't find it, does anyone know where this should be? Has anyone else seen this problem or know of a fix.

Let me know,
Kevin

bcopeland
11-05-2007, 07:21 PM
HeaTER CORE?

flextx500
11-06-2007, 01:15 PM
No, it only happens after a heavy rain and its just water, not antifreeze.

arthuroakdale
11-07-2007, 09:00 PM
heres the hot tip! pull your passenger kick panel. Youll notice water pours out of the lower retainer hole when it rains. Get a coat hanger and stick it down the hole to clear the mud and crap plugging the drain hole that drains the hood gaps. It took me forever to find this! Do the other side as a precaution too!

flextx500
11-09-2007, 03:27 PM
I pulled off the kick panel only to find another rubber type panel behind it. I have to remove a bunch of wire retainers to pull off the rubber panel. Is it behind this rubber panel?

arthuroakdale
12-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Sorry went 4 wheeling in Borrego, the kick panel has an "L" bend that covers the lower part of the door jamb. This jamb receives the two spring retainers that hold the kick panel on. The holes that these spring retainers go into lead into a cavity that drains the upper corner of the hood. When it fills with debris then the cavity fills with water until the level reaches the bottom hole and flows into the footwell and down the door channel and into the rear passenger footwell as well. Stick the coathanger down this hole. Bend it to go straight down. If it has water in it you will see it flow onto the ground.

Add your comment to this topic!