Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ck Engine Light Multiple Misfire Codes

mannen
10-23-2007, 11:30 AM
I have a 2000 Accord EX/V6 4dr with 150,000 miles. I have been having multiple misfire codes for the last couple months, the most recent codes I pulled P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305 & P1399. I have replaced the plugs about 30,000 miles ago with NGK PZFR5F-11. So I'm assuming it can't be the plugs. But who knows. I also thought it could be the coil packs, but prior to these codes and had 3 of the 6 cyl reporting the misfire codes. So I swapped the coil packs from the cylinders that were reporting the misfires to the cylinders that were not reporting the misfires. My thinking was the if it's the coil packs they would change cylinders right? Well, as I mentioned above the latest codes are NOW reporting 5 of the 6 cylinders reporting misfires. Looks as though it's getting worse. I seriously doubt that 5 coil packs are bad? http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/519/bash.gif

Here are the symptoms of the problems leading up to the codes being generated. After resetting the codes the car will run fine, then in a couple days or so it will reoccur, the car will eventually be very difficult to start once the car has been driven. Per my wife, sometimes it will take up to 15 minutes to get it running. Her typical daily driving habits are a 45 minute drive from work, which will run fine. She'll make one stop to pickup daughter from school and leave again (short drive), and make another stop (short drive). It's that 3rd stop and she will start it and it will die, this happens a couple of times or so. Once she gets it running, it will hesitate for awhile and then eventually work itself out and remain running. Once she gets home and the car sits for awhile. You can go out and start it and drive it and it's fine.

These symptoms will go on for a few days and eventually it will throw the codes again.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. http://www.superhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks

jeffcoslacker
10-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Funny...tried to find out what PO1399 is for Honda (my listing doesn't have it) but in the course of looking found some others with the same problem...swapped coilpacks after the initail misfire codes, ended up with more misfire codes and the PO1399 after...

Shot in the dark....try messing with the harness for the coilpacks while it's running well, make sure it's not an issue with a bad connector or harness sagging and grounding when it gets hot...seems like messing with the harness made it worse, so that's where I'd look first.

I don't know where the ignition control module is on that car, but ICM's like to cause problems after heat soak (get hot from the engine heat after shutdown) and cause problems on restart...if the car always runs good cold you can blast the ICM with a hair dryer and get it good and hot and see if the car exhibits the same symptoms as during a hot restart...if so, you've found the problem...

MrWrongsalive
10-27-2007, 08:07 PM
I would run a compression test. I had a 1999 Integra GSR that kept popping a P0304 (#4 Cylinder Misfire). I replaced the wires, plugs, cap, button, and the injector. Then I thought back and remembered that I hadn't checked the compression, turns out I had 150 psi on 1,2 and 3 but 4 had only 70. After the motor rebuild the code never reappeared. The integra's engine management was designed by the same folks that designed your Accord's management. GOOD LUCK, hope its nothing serious.

Add your comment to this topic!