93 honda accord heating up when idle?????

zakkwylde89
10-20-2007, 09:02 PM
I have a 93 honda accord Se with 172,xxx miles on it. the problem is that it keeps heating up when it is idle and when i give it gas the problem seems to go away, it even goes away when im in neutral and press the pedal. i checked once under the hood when it was heating up if my cooling fans were going on and they werent so i dont know what the problem. and help would be great, thanks

zakkwylde89
10-20-2007, 09:06 PM
also, the heater/ac does not work, only at times do i hear it kick in then out

MrWrongsalive
10-28-2007, 01:59 AM
How's your fuses?

zakkwylde89
10-29-2007, 01:04 AM
i checked all the fuses and there all fine, yesterday the car heated up and when i turned it off and flipped the key to let it just run off the battery the cooling fans came on... when i turned the car on they stopped?? dont know whats up so im gonna take it to the shop

wiseguy01
11-02-2007, 11:07 PM
i checked all the fuses and there all fine, yesterday the car heated up and when i turned it off and flipped the key to let it just run off the battery the cooling fans came on... when i turned the car on they stopped?? dont know whats up so im gonna take it to the shop

if all fuses check out okay then it will be your cooling fan switch which is located on the thermostat housing when you pull off the wire theres gonna be two wires take a paper clip and jump it if the fans come on then replace the cooling fan switch and let me know how it goes.. note that the heater\ac fan is seperate from the cooling fan so remember when you turn the heater on the fan on the radiator should not come on because it has an internal fan on the heater core but when you turn on ac the fans should kick in but check your cooling fan switch first... and worse case scenario you might have a faulty thermostat or even worse the water pump so i recommend start the car cold and leave the radiator cap off then watch and see if your antifreeze is circulating if so then water pump and thermostat is good then check fan switch

zakkwylde89
11-16-2007, 06:13 PM
i just replaced the thermostat.. car has been working alright but i still notice coolant boiling in the overflow resevoir.. is this normal???

Greenblurr93
11-16-2007, 10:00 PM
nope.... keep an eye on your coolant level.. if your losing coolant, you may have a bad headgasket

zakkwylde89
11-17-2007, 06:29 PM
already had that checked out and they said it was fine... i noticed the part that hooks up to the thermostat look kinda burnt on a part.. is there a way to test and see if that parts working or not..

Add your comment to this topic!