1995 Lebaron 3.0 V6 Automatic Battery Charging Problem Error Codes 16 & 41 HELP!

doug2060
10-19-2007, 02:16 AM
1995 Lebaron 3.0 V6 Automatic Charging Problem Error Codes 16 & 41 HELP! This is my sisters car. It's a real POS but I have to help somehow. The battery and alternator both test good. I haven't really had much time to check it myself but thought I would relay what I know. I stopped by long enough to show them how to get the codes and check fuses and wires . The CEL is on and it gives 16, 41, and the 55 end code. They say there are no signs of shorted wires anywhere. I had a similar chaging issue out of a 1991 Daytona and it was a simple engine compartment fuse but everything is in order... Anybody seen this before. Any and all help is much appreciated.:banghead:

doug2060
10-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Hello, Anyone there...:runaround:

madmanmapper
10-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Good you tested the battery and alternator. Pity it wasn't that easy. And you checked the wires. Great. Now, does the car actually have a charging problem? or does it just say it does?

doug2060
10-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Next!

madmanmapper
10-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Sorry I'm not terribly helpful, despite the fact of being an apprentice mechanic, but I seem to be the only one (besides you) to be posting on these forums within the past few days. Its probably a computer problem. Geez have you even checked to see what those codes mean??

ricebike
11-01-2007, 08:58 PM
... Its probably a computer problem. Geez have you even checked to see what those codes mean??

16 = Loss Of Battery Voltage Sense

45 = Fault In Charging System Or No Field Current

reset the computer & see if the codes return again...

Code retrieval can be accessed by the ignition key or by a diagnostic readout box(DRB).To obtain the codes using the key method,set the park brake,and put the vehicle in Park/neutral.
Some 95 and later OBDII vehicles, you may be able to retrieve OBDII codes with this procedure, if equipped with digital dash.

* Turn the ignition key ON,OFF,ON,OFF,and finally ON again(ENGINE NOT RUNNING)
* The codes will start to flash on the POWER LOSS or CHECK ENGINE light.
* FLASH,pause,FLASH,FLASH=code 12

Clearing Trouble Codes

Diagnostic trouble codes may be cleared by disconnecting the battery ground cable for at least 20 seconds.
OBD2 vehicles require a scanner to clear the trouble codes.

hmm, have autozone perform an on-vehicle battery and alternator test in the parking lot for free!

let us know w/ an update:2cents:

another thing... how's the condition of the drive belt? stretched out/worn? tension set correctly? (or the tensioner of the serpentine belt worn???)

Add your comment to this topic!