Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question about seat in 97 bonne.

pontiacfreak_81
10-14-2007, 01:48 PM
I have posted this before and got absolutely no answer, so here goes again...could someone PLEASE tell me if it is possible to switch out my manual adjust seat for a power seat???? and if so what steps i need to take to get it done...ANY INFO would be appreciated...thanks

Cadillakin'98
10-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Sure you can change out the seats no problem, they will line right up. But before you do you might want to look and see if the wiring harness for the seats is hidden somewhere under the carpet. If there is no harness from the factory, have fun. That is if you do want the power seats to actually work.

pontiacfreak_81
10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
lol yes i do want them to actually work, and there is a harness laying underneath each seat, i assume they are for power seats as they arent plugged into anything. so i will give that a try, if they are not for the power seats do you have any suggestions on the best way to rig the wiring to work??

Cadillakin'98
10-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Well if the harness does not go to the seats, you'll have ALOT of wiring to do. I would definantley get a wiring diagram (preferably from a dealer, NOT a Chiltons or Haynes). You will atleast be able to see what your up against if nothing else. I imagine you would have to wire up some relays and power up another circuit in the fuse box. More than likely there will be a spot reserved for the power seat circuit. But hey check this out, before you do anything, go out to your car and look at that wiring harness that is under the seats. How many wires are on that harness. If there is only 2 wires per harness I bet you it might be for heated seats.

Add your comment to this topic!