Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

wanky suspension

204beast
10-11-2007, 06:17 PM
i have 99rodeo the suspension feels way to soft,its not stiff enough like other SUV'S i've ridden in.
and it doesnt seem solid,the truck seem loose and eveything creeks(the whole vehicle)

Ramblin Fever
10-11-2007, 09:03 PM
[quote] its not stiff enough like other SUV'S i've ridden in.
and it doesnt seem solid [quote]

Come take a ride in mine.....bout as stiff/solid as one can get

When was the last time the suspension was lubricated??

Have you replaced your shocks, if you're still on stock shocks, they're probably toast by now.

I'm not too 100% sure how the 2nd generation Rodeo's ride; but the 1st generations are pretty solid/tight sounding trucks. The only thing that creeks on mine on occasion is the tire carrier on real bumpy dirt roads.

My truck has always reminded me of driving a 3/4 ton heavy truck, she's pretty stiff, but a nice stiff, if you will.

Cat Fuzz
10-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I've heard dried out lower ball joints squeak. That could also be causing you 'loose' feeling.

Ramblin Fever
10-11-2007, 09:13 PM
I've heard dried out lower ball joints squeak. That could also be causing you 'loose' feeling.

Should have thought too mention this as I've just experienced all of this....YES, ball joints will make the vehicle feel real loose, not necessarily out of control feeling, but just like the front-end has no *connection*.

204beast
10-12-2007, 09:15 PM
thanks for the input
the front is still good just suspension is too soft for my needs,it is still the stock suspension,how do i know this?is because the rear driverside coil is broken at the bottom and all the othe coils are rusted.
i can feel everything on the road and its noisy and the rear kindda dipps when i accelerate,kidda feels like theres a sht load of weight in the rear and it has that slow(but not much)up and down

204beast
10-12-2007, 09:17 PM
if i change my suspension will it improve the ride and make a hell lot stiffer
oh yeah im going to buy INDEPENDENT4X full lift set up for the beast

Gizmo42
10-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Since your springs are broken I imagine it would make it alot stiffer. Compared to stock springs in good shap it does ride stiffer but doesnt beat you up. Mine feels much more stable and rides like it should now.

Btw, I'm replacing lower ball joints tomorrow. Anyone wanna come do them for me? LOL. They tore up the boots when I had the LCA bushings done and this summers wheeling wiped them out. And yes they squeeked when I turned.

Ramblin Fever
10-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Btw, I'm replacing lower ball joints tomorrow. Anyone wanna come do them for me? LOL.

I'm VERY busy tomorrow.....so sorry :grinno: :grinno:

But I wish you the greatest luck and the best of patience :runaround: .........you're gonna need a BFH!!! :iceslolan

204beast
10-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Btw, I'm replacing lower ball joints tomorrow. Anyone wanna come do them for me? LOL. They tore up the boots when I had the LCA bushings done and this summers wheeling wiped them out. And yes they squeeked when I turned.[/quote]

sorry dude live out of the provice would be glad to lend a hand,but a good reason to get plastered..LOL

Gizmo42
10-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Not too bad. Got both lower joints and the tie rod ends replaced in under 5 hrs. Was actually easier getting the old ones out then putting the new ones in. Thankfully I decided to bring the turbo torch home from work this time so they popped off fairly easy after heating the knuckle. The new ones are really stiff so was a b***ch getting them lines up right to slide in.

Decided to bleed my brakes 1 more time (put indy4x SS lines on last night) then flush the clutch line and cylinder. Had every thing done up to flushing the clutch and it starts raining :rolleyes:

PS. Anyone running aftermarket manual hubs might want to check the larger allen bolts a couple times a year. I installed my superwinches in march using the supplied bolts and split washers. I noticed every bolt was loose while doing all this work. I know I torqued them when installed. I retorqued them.

Add your comment to this topic!